Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button "add to personal value list" in search help missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Team SCN,

i have a problem with the personal value list in custom search help.

When i hit F4 and the custom search help comes up and i execute it, the button "add to personal value list" is NOT displaying.

When i hit F4 and the custom searchhelp comes up and i switch to another search help (not custom but SAP standard) and execute it the button does NOT get displayed as well.

When i hit F4 and a SAP standard search help comes up and i execute it, the button gets displayed.

When i hit F4 and a SAP stadard search help comes up and i switch to the custom one and execute it, the buton does NOT get displayed.

I compared the custom search help tothe SAP standard ones and couldnt find a difference which hints to this behaviour.

I am really clueless about this topic, maybe someone here can shed some light on it.

Thanks for your time and best regards

Florian Kemmer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting question.  I did a bit of debugging and chanced across subroutine "personal_values_allowed" in LSDSDF11 - based on the logic in this I was able to replicate the problem you were having even with standard search helps that form the collective search help DEBI by using the "Customer By Real Estate Contract" search tab. 

The comments in the code indicate that if the lengths of the fields in the search help total more than 255 characters then disable the Personal Value List option (i.e. set CALLCONTROL-PVALUES = 'D').  The 255 limit is, I assume, because the personal search help values get stored in table DDSHPVAL50 which has a field called RECORD of that size.  Unfortunately there seems to be a "feature" in the SAP code in that, even after you switch search help tabs to another smaller search help, the feature stays disabled until you start the search help up again.   I didn't check SAP Notes, but perhaps there is a fix?

If it's your custom searchhelp that  is over 255 characters, try reducing the number of fields and see if the Personal Value List option is displayed.

cheers

Jonathan

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting question.  I did a bit of debugging and chanced across subroutine "personal_values_allowed" in LSDSDF11 - based on the logic in this I was able to replicate the problem you were having even with standard search helps that form the collective search help DEBI by using the "Customer By Real Estate Contract" search tab. 

The comments in the code indicate that if the lengths of the fields in the search help total more than 255 characters then disable the Personal Value List option (i.e. set CALLCONTROL-PVALUES = 'D').  The 255 limit is, I assume, because the personal search help values get stored in table DDSHPVAL50 which has a field called RECORD of that size.  Unfortunately there seems to be a "feature" in the SAP code in that, even after you switch search help tabs to another smaller search help, the feature stays disabled until you start the search help up again.   I didn't check SAP Notes, but perhaps there is a fix?

If it's your custom searchhelp that  is over 255 characters, try reducing the number of fields and see if the Personal Value List option is displayed.

cheers

Jonathan

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

You can enable personal values by clearing the search help's callcontrol-pvalues field in a search help exit. The default value provided by SAP is 'D' (as in Don't allow). Clearing the field enables personal values.

if callcontrol-step = 'PRESEL'.

callcontrol-pvalues = space. " allow

endif.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Damn, Thanks a lot,

those are two exeptionally good answers.

As we have set the pvalues like proposed by Amy i will give some credits for this as well, since i wasnt really sure what it was for, and now i know it

But yeah Jonathan thats exactly what i was looking for. Stunning that you found it out, as i was debugging as well but with NO outcome.