cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am quiet new to SAP. Which certificate course i have to start with?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am quiet new to SAP.

I am working for a trading company in IT Dept.

I am interested in Installation, Implementation, Software Support, Reports Generation, Administration etc.,

Having basic knowledge in SQL Server and ASP.net.

Could you recommend me, which certificate course I have to start with?, so that I want to become a Technical Consultant.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear byrose Ali,

SAP is an interesting field to start your career with. There are a number of modules in all kinds of industry segments catering to the business processes. With respect to your inputs, I assume you are interested in installation and configuration of the systems and you have networking knowledge in a landscape. I prefer you to learn SAP BASIS which is wholly inducted into configuration of system architecture which performs functions like Defining the system architecture, type of servers required, backup, user authorization restrictions, user portals, administration of server and access rights to name a few....

U can also check out information on SAP HANA which is booming in the market now.

SAP Basis is a  niche IT skill. This is very demanding in IT companies.

Three most important things are required to be a good Basis consultant.

1.      Good knowledge of OS (Unix, Linux and Windows). Having good knowledge of makes a consultant resolve issue very fast and he can do deep analysis on any problem which related to OS side. Unix experience is very advantage in Basis Side, because most company use Unix/Linux servers in their landscapes.

2.       Any Database knowledge is very helpful to a consultant like Oracle, DB2 and Maxdb etc. It gives added advantage in anybody career. Because in day to day scenarios one can face mostly DB related issue.

3.       Third important point is overall SAP knowledge, about its architecture, how its work?. How transaction works and etc

There are many sites available in Internet where one get learn SAP Basis. Most important site is SAP SCN, where you can get latest information about SAP. There are many forums available and while paper available in SCN.-

Regards

Dhinesh