cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search GUIBB does not show value help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a search component based on IF_FPM_GUIBB_SEARCH and the fields are from the SFLIGHT table.

However it does not show the search help of CARRID. Instead it is showing an empty dropdown.

When I checked, I found that CARRID has a search help attached in the data element level and also it has fixed values in the domain level. The configuration is trying to show the fixed values it seems. How can I show the search help here?

I tried the setting an abap_true value for the VALUE_SUGGEST field of the exporting parameter ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION_ATTR of GET_DEFINITION method, it did not work. I even tried to specify a dictionary search help like this

DDIC_SHLP_NAME = 'SH_CARRID'.

Kindly suggest a solution.

Thanks,

Ajith C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Add value to the drop down using the field 'ENUMERATION' of structure FPMGB_S_SEARCHFIELD_DESCR and append it into ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION_ATTR

in GET_DEFINITION method.

Note: Assign 'CARRID' to field name.

Thanks and regards,

Ragavendra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

You can refer application config FPM_TEST_SEARCHCOMP_OVP_SFLIGHT under the pakage APB_FPM_TEST. Find the feeder class for the application and follow the same approach.It's working there.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

For some unknown reason, even the test application that you mentioned also behaves the same way. I have resolved the problem by declaring a local structure with containing CARRID of type CHAR10 instead of the standard S_CARR_ID and assigning the search help like this.

ls_descr-DDIC_SHLP_NAME = 'SH_CARRID'.

@Ragavendra,

Thanks, However, My requirement was to get rid of that drop down and put a search help with value suggest. 

Thanks,

Ajith C