cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Table Export - Missing Columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to export a table which has 700 Columns and 30000 rows. The problem is that when i export the table data using HANA Studio, it limits the number of columns in the csv file to around 583 columns.

Please let me know in case you know a solution to oversome this issue.

Regards,

Nitin S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

You can try

EXPORT <table_name> AS CSV TO '<path>'

http://help.sap.com/hana/html/sql_export.html

BR

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thank you for the reply and i had check this option of Exporting to Server but then we dont want to upload it to the server and then download it.

Since HANA allows to create a Table with 1000 columns (in our case 700) it should also allow to download it from the HANA Studio Export option.

Regards,

Nitin S.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Could you please attach the excel so that i can look on this. If the data is sensitive please include only 1 row in it but should have 700 columns in it.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The problem is not during importing table to HANA but Exporting an existing table from HANA to Excel. We have created the HANA table based on some business logic within HANA and now want to use this data for some other processing in csv format.

Hope the requirement is clear.

Regards,

Nitin S.

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Yeah i understood your scenario but i do not have table with that many columns. So first i need to import with your excel and then try your scenario.

So if you do not have excel of the same atleast send the 583 columns excel so that i can increase the columns, do the upload and then try for export.

Also when you export the table, what is the export location you are choosing:

Default directory or export catalog objectsto current client.

Try both options first, still not resolved then send across the data.

Regards

Raj