cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard functions for shipment costs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working on a requirement relating to shipment costing. We're developing a planning application where the estimated shipment costs will be one component in the planning. Now I'm looking for standard functions in ECC to use where I can retrieve the estimated shipment cost for a transport. The planning application will hold the required parameters such as Forwarding Agent, Shipping Type, Stages and so on  that will be needed to determine the valid price conditions).

Does anyone know about any standard functions/functions modules that could be used for calculating the shipment costs with the applied logic that already exists in the pricing schema for the shipment costing document for some input variables and returning the total amount for a transport? (what I want to avoid is fetching all pricing conditions and then apply the logic that already exists in ECC all over again to retrieve the total amount). Hence no PO, inbound delivery and shipment will exist at this point, the shipment costs will be imaginary for the given input variables.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Please, read these documents and notes.

Read the document 'Inbound Transportation in Logistics Execution' by Manikanda ilango in this link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2147. Despite it describes the flow for inbound deliveries, it is valid for outbound deliveries.

Read also the document 'Transportation Chain – Shipping Cost Calculation for Multi leg with different vendors' by Sreekanth V T in the link: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-5850

See also these notes

SAP Note 161125 - Info: New fields in the field catalog for freight conditions

SAP Note 374735 - Info: Determination of weight and volume for freight

SAP Note 433266 - Pricing: Address data of destination from ship-to party

SAP Note 751829 - Info: Note different postal code lengths

SAP Note 743803 - Information: Determination and manipulation of tariff zones

SAP Note 1083509 - FAQ : LE-TRA

SAP Note 602681 - User exit in the SD_SHIPMENT_PROCESS

SAP Note 700512 - Information: Allocation of shipment costs to delivery items

SAP Note 746552 - INFORMATION: => LE-TRA-FC-BIL (Billing)

SAP Note 748971 - INFO: => LE-TRA-FC-CAL => conditions and scales

and related notes

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo