Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next to MDM????!!!!

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As I have relevant exp on SAP Netweaver MDM and I need to move forward lets say EP..

I need some inputs on the same..

is it feasible..

1) I should learn EP administration?

2) Not sure how the EP relates with MDM, if Not what should i learn to enhance my skills?

3) As I am not aware of Programming Languages, can I move forward to learn JAVA webdynpro?

Kindly guide me as I am not Much sure after MDM..

Regards,

Girish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

If you want to learn something new, then you can go for Business Object Data Services.

BO DS is an ETL tool with lot of capabilities for clensing and transforming the Master data to be distributed to target systems.

If you want to learn some existing technology, then you should go for SAP PI as it is widely used for interfacing different systems and MDM + PI combination is considered great.

Rest you can decide based upon your interest and inclination.

One more thing, if you learn any new technology, you should be working frequently on that technology, otherwise you will forget the same sooner rather later and you will again have to revise the concepts.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My suggestion would to travel into the world of data warehousing.

Along with Master Data capabilities, Data warehousing, will be a deadly combo, and give you immense carrier growth opportunities.

BI/BW is the way to move forward.

If you are interested in reporting then go for BO.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Nice to interact with someone sailing on the same boat. If you have real time opportunities to enahance skill within organization then you can work on EP/PI or BI. If you do not have flair to code then either 1 of the above said 3 technologies can help you up-skill. But they will surely have a bit of coding unlike MDM. Instead of attempting Web Dynpro Java, i would suggest to opt for Web Dynpro ABAP, BI, PI & EP. They will have less coding effort compared to ABAP. Selection depends on opportunities within organization. If coding is not a desired cup of tea, then plan to be a functional consultant.

Please feel free to let us know if any further queries.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mir,

As asked by Girish, even I would like to know what after MDM?

Can we go for MDG after having a base of MDM?

As, clients are prefering MDG today and less MDM.

Regards,

Rohini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For MDG, you need have a knowledge for ABAP workflow and SAP PI.

If you have these knowledge, it will help immensely, to develop the MDG skill set.

Regards,

Abhishek