cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Hierarchical Access Functionality for Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP Support portal, a warning is showing...Disabling Hierarchical Access Functionality for Pricing...

We have little bit confused that it (SAP Note 1600482) is also applicable for Indian users or not.

Please clear.

Thanks & Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you go through SAP's FAQ on this topic, they have very clearly states the following:=

which means, whether it the client is in India or any country other than US, this note will be applicable provided, the client is having users operating in US.  Still if you have any queries in this regard, you can mail to SAP @ SAP_HA_Questions@sap.com

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That mean all User's related to US or not, this NOTE has to be implemented latest by 31-05-2013...???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

for what i understood even if you dont have US relations you could use the mentioned functionality.

So sooner or later you will apply the patches that remove this, do you want to know if you are running to any risks? Execute mentioned reports and point this out?

Wouldn't you?

Let me know if u need further details

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrea,

Please tell me, If we not implement required note till 31st May 2013, then what action will take by SAP to his customers..

Can we ignore to implement note this time.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the required steps are not taken by end of 31st May 2013, then SAP will NOT provide any further support on your SAP system. So issue a service ticket and check with them whether you need to implement or not.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming that you have no links to US users or customers, "make a favour" to sap and compile the form on sap market

Except from that, always considering no links to US, there are no action from SAP or anybody else.

Yes, you can ignore it but, maybe you mentioned before, why you want to follow this way? It's a really "easy note"

Let me know

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Andrea,

It's a Easy Note.. BUT it's impact will not favor for SAP User specially in Pricing Area...

After implement it, we will not be able to create new Access Functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not a pricing men but only type "Hierarchical Access" will not be created anymore, am i wrong?

Last but not least, why don't you try to open a message stating that you have already those and see what they reply

hope this is helpful

a

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The process is a bit more, I worked on this project and we converted  many pricing procedures. You need to convert the HA pricing type to classical access type. So as I mentioned before, just contact SAP and issue a service ticket and then they can help with this.

Regards,

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Anil,

I am sure, your system owner(client) should have received a mail from SAP on providing this certificate? Please follow Shiva Ram's suggestions.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi has clearly indicated to whom this will impact. If SAP is installed in US or if US users access SAP system (which is located in non-US countries), then you must proceed with issuing a service ticket at market place under XX-PROJ-IMS-HA.

Regards,

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Even for Non US clients also the note (1601021) has to be implemented. After implementing the note the program FSTST_ACCESS_CHECK will get activated. Run the program in se38 to check if you are using Hierarchical access in your system. If yes, you have to send a mail to SAP which you will get when you click on that message in Service market place. If you don't use get the exemption certificate ( which you can again see when you click on the message).

Note: This has to be done by 31-05-2013. So, please speed-up the activity.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

This note states that it is applicable for US

please also check below OSS notes for ECC6

1601052 and 1600091

regards,

santosh