cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program SAPMSSY2 Fills the Background Work Processes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our 8 background processes are continuously filled by program SAPMSSY2. I have no idea what causes this and we are experiencing this for two months now.

I think this is the reason why the background jobs get delayed and the printing performance slow down significantly, particularly in peak time.

I know that this is not a normal scenario, so please help me to resolve this issue. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aldrin,

Did you find the fix for this as we are also facing the same  issue.

Regards,

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SG,

You can check Note 183648 - SAPMSSY2: long runtime in background process, as suggested by above.

As for our own fix, our database administrator suppressed the background jobs if there is connection error in transaction code SM59.

You can check this in detail in the link below:

Many background ARFCXXXX jobs visible in SM37

Regards,

Aldrin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

adam_krawczyk1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aldrin,

You need to find out what is the program SAPMSSY2 doing so long. I recommend you to measure two things with transactions:

1. ST05 - database queries logs to see if database queries are not taking most time

2. SE30 or SAT - more generic tool, shows all executed steps times

- the is an option of measuring currently running processes by "Switch On/Off" button on the right

- choose process that you want to measure and press activate, after some time deactivate and preview logs.

Make sure that you are on the same server while doing measurements (you can switch server with SM51).

You can easily find more informations about ST05 and SAT tools on SCN.

There is already an OSS note with similar sympthoms:

Note 183648 - SAPMSSY2: long runtime
in background process

Regards,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply.

I will have to contact our database administrator and ICT personnel to perform what you suggest.

I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks again.

Regards,

Aldrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any suggestions? Thanks.