cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Customer product licenses in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Can you tell me if there is a way in Standard SAP to handle customer product licenses in SAP i.e. I have a customer that issue a license to allow their agents to sell a product, they can only sell products that they have a license for?

Thanks

Soozie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sozzie

What I understood from your post is that you are saying that your customer (client) have agents (SAP Customers) who sell products only if your client allows them by issuing a license number to them. If your client company don't issue license to customer then he is not authorized to sell your product. Am I right?

If this is the case then you can maintain license in any available field in SAP and print this field on customer invoice. If this license number is printed on invoice then it means he is authorized to sell products. If there is no license number then he is not authorized.

But I have one doubt that why your company would sale to that agent or customer who is not authorized to sale products to end consumers? If an agent is not authorized to sale products, why would he buy from your company?

If I am getting you wrong  then please elaborate with detail.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MoazzaM,

I did think about the licence field in the customer master and I have used it before but I am wondered if that would complicate things with tax.

Soozie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

Adding to Naren's post. In the current configuration the License number is not mandatory even after making that as mandatory field in Account group fields. So, In our project we made it as mandatory in customer master by doing enhancement.

Try this: SAPMF02D - User exits: Customer master data by taking your ABAPer help.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

I just want to ask one thing that the field you and Narendra are refering for Tax purpose. That field is in sale area data and specifically for Tax condition. If we dont click on tax tab then system don't show this field. What is the exact use of this licence number. Can you share some business example. 2ndly what OP is asking for general agents. I think it means this is applicable for all sale areas and company codes. If a customer or agent has license then he can sell company's good so I think it will be applicable to whole customer and it should be maintained somewhere in General data. Need your comments.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sai, it is helpful to know that there is a user-exit associated with this field.  I will investigate further.

Soozie

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

' MoazzaM ' wrote:

2ndly what OP is asking for general agents. I think it means this is applicable for all sale areas and company codes. If a customer or agent has license then he can sell company's good so I think it will be applicable to whole customer and it should be maintained somewhere in General data. Need your comments.

Thank$

If we have to sell to any customer that customer has to be extended to sales area..The licenses tab is available in sales area.So, no issues on this.

To answer your 1st question: In one of my projects, client had to maintain 3 different license in customer master, we had no choice than using this License box. As long as no adverse impact we can make use of this.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

Thank you for your post and explaining the purpose of this field. I am confused on one thing that if a customer don't have the license to sell our products, why would he buy from us. What is the business example to use this field. What I am thinking is that if custome have license number then he will less tax and if he don't have license number then he might have to pay more tax. Corrent me if I am wrong but I am not clear with this point.

Thank$

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me explain you the business process (considering Indian scenario)

When a Pharma company sells product to customer(Pharmacy) the Pharmacist should have drug license numbers. In SAP customer master I can't see any field which can keep these certificate numbers and valid dates. So, I had to use these fields. To make mandatory, we have done some enhancement.

Every month a report will be generated by customer to see the list of customers whose license is going to get expired ( nearest expiry date, say one month period). The business will inform customer to provide the new DL numbers with validity details. If not, the customer will be blocked for sales.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got it, Thanks a lot,

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Can you tell me if there is a way in Standard SAP to handle customer product licenses in SAP i.e. I have a customer that issue a license to allow their agents to sell a product, they can only sell products that they have a license for?

If above is the case ,then you can maintain License in Customer Master Level  in Sales Area View under Billing Documents Tab ,here you can see the License Box  .If you click on that Box then you can see License Number and Validity from and To  Fields .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naren, I do know where the licence field is but thank you for pointing it out.

Regards

Soozie