Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore from offline backup , no backup logs

former_member196171
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am restoring a database from an off line backup from tape , backup was taken three months back , backup utility is Commvault which uses brtools with the client. currently I donot see the corresponding  backup log ( beklodrv.aff) file ( 3 months old ) , according to the SAP note 1003028 which I am following needs the backup log file of the backup to start the  restore command.

Is there anyway I can get the restore started without the backup log file with brrestore/ recover command ? I have a successfull backup in tape, not sure if the log file is there and donot know how to retrive the tape if it is there.

How the log file has gone , how can keep the files in /oracle/SID/sapbackup for longer time ?

Thanks

Al Mamun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use brrestore with "-n" option. Please find the further information in the document, below;

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0d/d3077b4a0c11d182b80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Find the sample command, below;

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0d/d3077b4a0c11d182b80000e829fbfe/content.htm

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

Thank you very much, my test system is currently being used once its freed up i'm testing it.

Best Regards

Marius

former_member82170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Al Mamun,

I have faced the same issue and resolved by changing the " Recovery interval (interval) ..... [30]" to 90 days.

Thanks and Regards,

Prasad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zahir,

You require the beklodrv.aff and backupSID.log file in order for brtools to be able to restore as the file contains the backup ID and all the required information to restore

Do you backup the directory /oracle/SID/sapbackup with the os backups ?

if yes can you not retrieve the files from there ?

Best Regards

Marius

former_member196171
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Thanks for your reply , I was able to find the backup log file and backupSID.log, but unfortunately when I try to run the restore commmand I get the following error

BR0699I Reading log file /oracle/SID/sapbackup/backSID.log ...

BR0730W No appropriate backup created since 2013-04-30 00.00.00 found in /oracle/K1R/sapbackup/backSID.log
BR0417E No files found for restore/verification

I am running the command as below

brrecover -f SID -t reset -b bekmczdd.aff -c force -r initSID.utl

Where SID is the new database using the utilfile for the commvault backup software. I am using the backup of 4th Februtay.

Looks like it is backup retention issue , but not sure

Please help

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abu,

brrecover -f SID -t reset -b bekmczdd.aff -c force -r initSID.utl

Assuming bekmczdd.aff is the backup file name, for restoration you need to run the following

brrestore -m full -b bekmczdd.aff

As a pre-requisite you need to ensure following files exists in sapbackup folder

bekmczdd.aff

backup_SID.log

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zahir

Are you running this via brtools menu ?

Please try Deepak's solution and let us know

Best Regards