Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect BO Mobile Client Android to CMS

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have Bo Mobile server in the DMZ and BO BI Platform 4.0 inside LAN... when I tried to connect with BO Mobile Client with Android Tablet it shows error.

Attached the log:

2013-05-27 11:49:05.840 | DEBUG | com.sap.mobi.com.sap.mobi.threads.LoginThread ::::  | null (com.sap.mobi.threads.LoginThread:run:173) | 1019 | doInBackground method called isLoginRequired=true

2013-05-27 11:49:05.844 | INFO | com.sap.mobi.com.sap.mobi.threads.LoginThread ::::  | null (com.sap.mobi.threads.LoginThread:postLoginRequest:258) | 1019 | postLoginRequest method called connectiontype=true

2013-05-27 11:49:05.859 | INFO | com.sap.mobi.com.sap.mobi.ui.CustomProgressDialogFragment ::::  | null (com.sap.mobi.ui.CustomProgressDialogFragment:onCreateDialog:65) | 1019 | OptionDialogFragment started

2013-05-27 11:49:05.873 | INFO | com.sap.mobi.com.sap.mobi.threads.LoginThread ::::  | null (com.sap.mobi.threads.LoginThread:postLoginRequest:271) | 1019 | postLoginRequest Connection details ConnectionName =InvecemBOCMS =BOPRD.invecem.comMobServer =http://172.16.103.50:8080UserName =sapman

2013-05-27 11:50:30.232 | ERROR | com.sap.mobi.com.sap.mobi.threads.LoginThread ::::  | null (com.sap.mobi.threads.LoginThread:onResponseReceived:318) | 1019 | Login failed status is null : errorMessage =Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server BOPRD.invecem.com (FWM 01009)

2013-05-27 11:50:54.769 | DEBUG | com.sap.mobi.com.sap.mobi.ui.SettingsListFragment ::::  | null (com.sap.mobi.ui.SettingsListFragment:onClick:202) | 1019 | Log option is selected

2013-05-27 11:50:54.816 | INFO | com.sap.mobi.com.sap.mobi.ui.SettingsDetailFragment ::::  | null (com.sap.mobi.ui.SettingsDetailFragment:onCreateView:102) | 1019 | SettingsDetailFragment started

2013-05-27 11:51:05.900 | INFO | com.sap.mobi.com.sap.mobi.ui.SettingsDetailFragment ::::  | null (com.sap.mobi.ui.SettingsDetailFragment:sendLogReport:867) | 1019 | sendLogReport method called

Any clue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Is the issue resolved completely. Are you able to connect from outside networks now?

Thanks

Mallik

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I can now connect but it was a port issue with the firewall.

Do you have a note or information about all ports that have to be open? so we can create a rule for this.

Also I think we should set this ports in CMC but I can't find the note that explain it.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

As far as i know, you should have 6400 (CMS), 6410, 8080 (tomcat), 1433 (SQL) open as these are mostly used ports in BO space and other than this, it depends on individual companies BI deployments if they have used different set of ports instead of the above default ones.

Here are few which can  be open , but this varies depending on organization and their respective integrated deployments like BI/BO/BPC/HANA etc

25, 80, 443, 8000-8199, 3200-3299, 3300-3399, 3600-3699, 50000-51099, 6400, 1433, 3490

Thanks

Mallik

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Admin guide has detailed description for firewall consifderations and ports usage.

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have the note that explains how to set each port for BO servers in CMC?

Regards.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Admin guide has full explanation.

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I explained it was a missing port, non of the listed in Admin Guide.

We found it with trace log.

Best Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Can you please verify and answer below questions so I can help you on this.

Are you trying to connect to BI Platform from Android using VPN?

Do you connect to your BI launch pad after connecting to a VPN?

Are you able to reach tomcat server of BO from explorer/safari or any other browser on your android device try link http://<BOBI server name/IP>:8080. if you are able to see this page the check the next one. If this part is unsuccesful then investigate on if you have given VPN and other aspects of network like firewall, ports etc.

Did you give your credentials on android connection in below format?

Connection Name: BIMobile <anyname>

Mobile server URL: <BOBI server name/IP>:8080 - Preferably IP to avoid any unnecessary typo issues

CMS: <BOBI server name/IP>:6400

Username:

Password:

Authentication Type: Enterprise/SAP

Default Connection:Yes/No

Save password: Yes/No

Thanks

Mallik

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mallikarjuna,

The issue occurs when I try to connect with Mobile Client on Android or IPhone from Outside because  I can connect by browser with IP Public URL:8080/BOE/CMC

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

wehn you connect from outside networks like starbucks, airport etc to your BO server you should be using VPN connection to securely connect.

Please collect VPN details from your system administrator/network administrator and try connecting after the VPN is confgured, connected  and active on your andorid device.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Please go through the below link to see the configuration of VPN, it would  be more or less similar on Anroid devices too.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42144

Thanks

Mallik