Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.02 How to hide some POWL tabs for all users

benjamin_herzig
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

after upgrading from SRM 7.00 to 7.00 (EHP2) i´m not able to hide some tabs in POWL for all users? The way how to do it in SRM 7.00 did not work anymore.

I tried the following steps without success:

1. Report POWL_D01  to delete the queries (for all users)

2. tx POWL_COCKPIT -> Standard POWL -> mark Personalization Application "SAPSRM_E_CHECKSTATUS" -> Launch POWL -> Personalize -> hide some query(tabs) and set "Tab Strip" Layout (instead of Link Matrix). Apply and close the browser window.  Logon with another user and no personalization !!!

What is the trick in SRM 7.02 ?

Regards,

Ben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin ,

Once can u try this .

Go to POWL_QUERYR transaction.

Delete that entry for query you donot want.

Run POWL_D01 report for application id you want to hide.

For Safety Purpose Save that Items that u r deleting in Note Pad

Reward Points If u find his Usefull

Thanks ,

Sandeep M

benjamin_herzig
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

i use POWL_QUERYR and only remove the active flag from the queries i did not need. Now it works.

Thanky you.

Regards,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Thank you, that was helpful.  but when I unchecked the active flag in the POWL_QUERYR trans it did not remove the tabs I needed to hide.  When I deleted the entry then it removed them.   Why do you think it is behaving differently in our system than in Ben's?

Thanks,

Judy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I used following approach:

1.  POWL_COCKPIT

2. Select the application id. Click on Register Type button.

3. Remove the lines (Feeder objects) which are not required. You can add them back if there is a requirement to show them again.

4. Save.

Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Sushil.

I tried your suggestion and that worked too.

Regards,

Judy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

I am having trouble with this change from SRM 7.0 to 7.02.  We were able to have visibility to queries by role, in SRM 7.02 the IMG is changed and I can't seem to find the config to accomplish this.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to use tcode POWL_COCKPIT directly?

Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sushil,

I found the correct configuration steps in POWL_QUERYR.  The instructions I found on SDN were good but they were confusing.

Because we are upgrading from SRM 7.0 to SRM 7.02 the POWL reverted back to standard.  It was not clear to me that I would have to actually remove POWL queries I did not want everyone to see.

Thanks for the reply,

Mary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin ,

May I Know what u want to Hide >Either POWL Queries or Tabs .If Possible can U update the Issue with an Screenshot .

Thanks ,

Sandeep M