cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound email configuration with gmail in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my IDES system i am trying to configure inbound email configuration with GMAIL, ( i have successfully configured outbound email configuration with GMAIL and it is working pretty good )

As per the document which is available  i have configured inbound mail also..

ie..,   icm/server/port_1 = PROT= 'SMTP',Port=25

Creating service user,

Giving authorization to that user,

configuring sapconnect ,

configuring so50 also with class ZCL_PROCESS_INBOUND_WORKFLOW ..    

I am not getting expected output ie in simple am not getting mail in my sap inbox..., Not sure at which stage am doing error..  and my doubts are..

1.     I want to troubleshoot whether  ZCL_PROCESS_INBOUND_WORKFLOW is getting called or not?

2.     First,  is it possible to use GMAIL for inbound email configuration?

3      How sap connect will work with mail server has logon authentication.. ie.. Where mail server userid and password will be maintained in SAP, is it necessary that sap user id and password , and mail server user id and password should be same...?

I believe am not confusing..

Thanks,

Barath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barath,

I believe that you have pretty much achieved the E-Mail configuration task, except that you are not able to get E-Mails in Your SAP Inbox.

For this issue, have a look here at my reply in order to also receive mail in SAP Inbox  =>

Configure smtp to receive mail through the mail id to the SAP inbox.

Also you can check further with this comprehensive E-Mail setup guide, to troubleshoot further =>

http://scn.sap.com/people/thomas.jung/blog/2004/09/09/receiving-e-mail-and-processing-it-with-abap--...

Regards,

Akshay.