cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode - Japanese Char problems on EN logon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We recently upgraded our system, from a non-unicode to a unicode system. Whenever i view a SAPscript report using english logon that contains both japanese & english characters in one field, the print preview is ok, displaying correct data in both languages. The problem arises when i try to print the report. All japanese characters are garbled, while all english characters are still ok.

I tried logging in using japanese language, and printed a japanese report that uses both characters, and everything was ok, in both print preview & hardcopy printout.

BTW, we're using version 640 for our SAP GUI, with patch level 19.

Hoping for your inputs. Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be the character set is not in the printer . Please try taking prit in some latest computers. If it does work them try to upgrade the driver ( ie new device type) in Sap.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedbacks. Yeah, i did changed the fonts, and it's ok now.. thanks so much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you change the font? and what is true type fonts`?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your system is unicode enabled, you should use true type fonts in the paragraph format to display the multi language characters. In the japanese language form did you use any special type of font types you use? Normally all the special font types will support english and not all the english fonts will support the local language characters.

Since the output is printing fine with the Janpanese language there should not be any problem with the printer drivers, otherwise we need to check the drivers also.

Hope this helps you