cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload a file in PI Application Server for PI 7.31 single stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing a file to file scenario in PI 7.31 single stack.

In the source file adapter, I have used /usr/sap/PO7/J00/j2ee/cluster/server0/Interface/FileToFile/ as source directory. This is in PI application server itself.

I am using NFS as transport protocol.

Right now I want to upload a source xml file in PI application server in the following path

/usr/sap/PO7/J00/j2ee/cluster/server0/Interface/FileToFile/

I can see the files using vadm path (default alias) which is configured in Java HTTP Provider Configuration of NWA

But is there any way to upload those files under those directories.

In dual stack, we can do it using SXDA_TOOLS or C3GZ transactions. But how do we perform such activities in single stack PI.

Is there any way to do it from NWA??

Please assist me on this.

thanks in advance

Sourav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sourav,

you can use the below function modules

To Upload files from Presentation Server to Application Server      : ARCHIVFILE_CLIENT_TO_SERVER

To Download files from Application Server to Presentation Server : ARCHIVFILE_SERVER_TO_CLIENT

OR

To upload files from Local machine to PI directories using SXDA_TOOLS

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/Uploading+files+to+SAP+Servers+from+Local+machine+from...

OR

you can use File zilla to copy files from FTP to PI application repository..

Refer below link to know more about FileZilla

https://wiki.filezilla-project.org/FileZilla_Client_Tutorial_(en)

OR

ask basis team to place the file in the directory path in PI

Hope it will helpful..

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

Thanks for the reply.

The transactions and the function modules which you have mentioned need to be called from ABAP stack. If I am working in purely Java Stack, how can I use them. I have a file in my local machine and I want to upload it in the PI 7.31 application server and I am not having any ABAP stack in this context

regards

Sourav

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check with Basis team on this. u can access through run command.It will be like this.

\\host_name

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sendhil_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bumping again, to see if I could get any solution here. I want to see the files in Application server like we do in dual stack (Tcode:AL11).

--

Sendhil

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sendhil,

Please check below blog for browsing the file system of java only system.

Regards,

Praveen.

sendhil_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks.

I couldnot award points here, since I am not the owner of the thread.

--

Sendhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you make use of WinSCP a testing tool for Single stack. Just maintain your credetentials and login and you can place your file in the application server there.

Thanks,

Sujit

siddhardha_dnk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourav,

If you have OS level access for your PI server, you can directly upload your file to PI Server using remote Desktop ("mstsc" Run Commad). Upload your file to this location, 'PI Drive (C/D/E)' \usr\sap\PID\*Any Folder*. This is where usually files get stored when we upload using Functional Modules in ABAP stack. You can use the same path in your Sender communication channel and it will work.

Warm Regards,

DNK Siddhardha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

I have used Filezilla client by installing and configuring a FTP server and then uploaded few files to test them. It is working. However, I am need to ask Basis when I have to use NFS protocol in sender file adapter.

regards,

Sourav

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try getting the shared folder access where your PI is installed(Basis may give you). Create some folder for placing your files. you can use same path in File Channels.

Regards,

Loordh.