cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link between credit management and payment terms?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Using credit management i am cleared the two open items posted for the SO using f-28.

Then when i create the same Sale order its giving standard error

" credit : Maximum percentage for open items exceeded"

I think that in configuration of OVA8 its giving problem :

Can you pl explain on link between credit management and payment terms???

Regards,

Asirvad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

pretty sure you have not unchecked the oldest items button in OVA8

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asirvatham,

If you are using auotmatic credit control (OVA8) you will get this message if you have billing documents created and open for longer period than what you mentioned in the "Oldest open Items and days". You can also see Max.Open Items % or days. Basically, system will check the Invoice due date (based on the payment term agreement with you customer) and if customer has not paid in that period, you can still give some grace period in OVA8 ( If you don't give then due date will be considered) and subsequent sales orders will go for block.

Please see below screenshot in our current system, which we are using extensively based on Payment terms:

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let us know if you still find any issues here. If not, please close the thread.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

hongminh119
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you clear about that. If not, please mention here. We can make it more clear

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asirvad,

First check the sales order credit analysis report using the standard SAP report "CHECK_CM" in SE38/SA38 transaction. This will give you the complete analysis of the credit.

Coming to your issue; As per my understanding system is performing the oldest open items  check for the order you created. Below is the standard text what is given by SAP.

This type of credit check works in conjunction with two values that you specify in the adjacent fields:

• Maximum % of overdue items in open items
  • Number of days which the open items are overdue

The proportion of overdue open items (that exceed the specified number of days) in the total of open items should not exceed the percentage specified.

This is absolutely clear and to make it more simple we can understand this as

Number of open items which crossed the number of days (mentioned for the odest open items check in OVA8 screen) / the total open items. If this % is greater than Maximum open items % of OVA8 screen system will block the order for credit.

As per my understanding the link between payment terms and the credit management is the critical fields credit check of the Automatic credit check. If any payment terms/ Fixed value days /additional value days are changed then system will reperform the credit

Hope this explains.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

See below screen shot what you maintained it in OVA8 will lead this effect  .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Can you pl explain between credit management and payment terms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asirvatham

The messgae above we can set an error or warning. As above mentioned by Mozzam and narendra, it's coming from OVA8 transaction in reaction field. This mesage have link to transaction FD32.For payer and credit control area what is the credit limit set by your client and what risk category assigned to it.

In FD32 transaction enter your payer and CCA and choose status, based on customer receivables,  open value, credit limit and credit expposure value, system gives the message in sales order creation.

Paymet term and credit management have a link.

Go to FBL5N, to check your customer open item details.

Here you can get detail of your customer invoice creation date and due date. When system calculating over due for payment, against invoice.payer's payment term will take part.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,
Karthik

0 Kudos

Hi Asirvatham,

As mentioned by few others in this discussions, the credit management has open item setup in the form of "max open items %" and "No of days open".

To explain this in more business language, if a customer XYZ has payment terms set as 60 days (from the date of billing), and ideally, there should be no pending open items against customer. If customer adheres to the payment terms without fail, then all payments will be paid in 60 days or earlier. Companies still allow certain % of open items to be unpaid considering various factors like price negotiations, disputes, invoice receipt delays etc etc and this is kind of a 'tolerances' to pay the bills with some time delay (above 60 days of payment terms).

But, if the customer did not even pay within this tolerance, then sales order entry will provide a message that Maximum percentage for open items exceeded (as in your case). This provides an alert to company and they may take necessary action to avoid such overdue payment situation.

In this manner, the credit managemn setting and actual payment terms are in link.

regards,

Vaibhav Kulkarni

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please check following things.

1. Is this automatic credit control or simple credit control TCode OVAK
  2. IF this is automatic credit check then check settings in OVA8
  3. Check credit status of customer in FD33 for company code and credit control area for which you are creating order and cleared invoices.

Link of payment term and credit check is in OVA8 where you tell the system to check overdue balances and its number of days so I request you to check these things and analyze this. If you still don't get your solution then paste FD33 and OVA8 screens of your system so that I may check in details.

Thank$