cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow starts in webgui only in one window - secondary methods don't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've a problem with webgui - UWL and Workflow.

I try to start a Workflow with secondary methods from the UWL with webgui.

After the workflow starts the secondary method starts and the main method starts after the secondary was closed.

In normal wingui this both starts at the same time so a user can e. g. watch a scanned picture like a bill and the sap r3 accounting record that a other user made before he starts the workflow.

In Webgui direct or start from the uwl the image starts first and after close this the accounting record will displayed.

What can I change that both appears at the same time with webgui / UWl.

I try this with ITS 6.20 Patch 23.

Best regards

Thorsten Stracke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

what are you doing - this is difficult to understand. Please describe your question in

that way, that we can understand the problem. I assume that most of us are not

familiar with application details

regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

thanks for response, that is a little difficult to explain the Workflow behavior.

Ok what we do is to start transaction sbwp in SAP Gui or Webgui.

In this transaction you can find the workflow items. -> Inbox -> Workflow

So when we start this item with a secondary method normally the behavior in SAP Gui is :

- a popup start. this pop contains a attachment list which contains e. G. a scanned image

- the user can choose the image and got the scanned bill in a browser window (normally in a gui frame, but we can change this to a Browser)

- this popup and the browser window can moved above the screen

- at the same time starts in the source gui frame e. g. the transaction fbv3 and display the record , this is the main method

the end user can see both and can decided what's to do next.

In the webgui start the same workflow item

- first the attachment list appears

- the user can choose the image

- has two objects, the popup and the bill in the browser but see no record frame

- the user accept the list and after this the transaction fbv3 appears.

- so he is not able to choose e.g. . an other image ...

Best regards

Thorsten

Message was edited by: Thorsten change to ta sbwp

Thorsten Stracke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

'secondary method' ? What's that?

regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

secondary method is a item from workflow area.

It's like call a web page (main method) and then you got 1 up to n additional pages normally for "promotion in the web", but in SAP like addtitional infos like images of scanned papers documents and so on which are necessary for the process.

In our proess some one order a product, the vendor send the bill to the company and the product to the orderer. Some one scan the bill and insert the necessary information in the system. So the guy who order now must compare the scanned bill and the information in the booked system SAP. After he marked this as ok, the process goes on.

Best regards

Thorsten