Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated processing of records in VC model

former_member203185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello dear,

I have faced with technical problem mentioned in subject.

So, now I have record set coming from e.g. Distinct control. And for each of the records I need to take one field and sen it on filter port of my data source.

The problem is that only one record is processed. VC doesn't go trough the whole record set.

What should I do to make VC process each of the record step-by-step?

Sincerely,

Anton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

If the Data Type of the Filter Port of your Data Source is Record Set you should do the following in order to pass multiple records to it:

1. Check Multiple Selection checkbox of the Table

2. Open Map Data dialog of the mapping line between the Table and the Filter port of the Data Source and change the Select model to "Selected data rows"

In order to check whether the Filter Port of the Data Source is Record set, open the "Redefine ports" dialog of the Data Source and see what the data type of the port is:

Regards,

Talia

former_member203185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Talia,

I see yor instructions.

But my problem is that I use BPM data source.

I have no clue how I can change incoming port to multiple.

I have diamond there instead of square.

As far as I can see your example uses BAPI call.

Now I would like to explain what I am trying to do in my task.

Here above is a part of my model. All controles are marked with number and below I place descriptions fro controls.

In general, the task is that I need to pass my recordset (it as accumulated in control number 1) trough data source (control number 4) and on each step I need to collect retrieved from Data Source records. The problem is that VC clears results of previous step. I tried to collect records in table.

1. Provides list of incoming in data source filters

2. Stands for conmection to Java WD component

3. JWD component that arranges processing for record set and fires event for each of processing records to send filter value to data source

4, BPM data source which is filtred and returnes necessary records from data base.

5. Control which collects retrieved from data source records. Instead, I tried table

Sincerely,

Anton

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

I am not sure I fully understand your requirement.

Let me clarify the following?

When you are saying "on each step I need to collect retrieved from Data Source records" - what do you mean by "step"?

Is this correct: you have a record set and for every record in this record set you have to pass this record to the BPM data source as a filter and all the results (of all "filters) to collect in DataPusher?

Thanks,

Talia

former_member203185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Talia,

you are absolutely right.

I need to collect records from BPM Data Source.

Sorry for complecated explanation.

Problem is that when I pass next record then results of previous record disappear from table.

May be you know why?

Sincerely,

Anton

Answers (0)