Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Category K in the BOM

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Members,

In the Super BOM, I have assigned an item with item category K(for a class item linked with class type 200 --->characteristics linked in this class has the

option for multiple value assignment).

In the configuration in CU50,I'm able to select multiple values for this item,but however in the result the system is showing only the first selected

characteristic value(for example the characteristic values are Helmet,handle covers, fog light. now if I select the values Helmet and handle covers , in the

result the system is showing only Helmet).

Kindly please clarify whether item category K supports to pick only single value for a characteristic(through class item with class type 200)?

And also please clarify whether class item K can be used more than once in the same super BOM.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj,

Classes as class node can be replaced with only one material and its a hard coded , so thats why you are getting this result. This is the one of the biggest problem with this kind of super BOM.

you can go thorough document created by me on same topic

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/manufacturing-pp/blog/2012/06/22/classes-as-place-holders-component...

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for sharing the link and for your interest to answer my queries.

So shall I concude that the item catgory" K "can be assigned(should be assigned) only once in a super

BOM and it does not support for a characteristic with multiple value assignment?

Kindly please provide your suggestions.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mangalraj Senthamaraikannan,

Ya you can conclude , its not possible to replace class node with more then one material.

during value assigment system will not restrict you for assigning more then one value , but in result you will always find only one componet which is selected depend upon very first matching criteria of first characterstic.

Also , if posisble please rate the document if you find it usefull.

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/manufacturing-pp/blog/2012/06/22/classes-as-place-holders-component...

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions and also for sharing the useful document.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Answers (0)