cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver 7.3 As JAVA Logoff Url NWA

0 Kudos

Hello Community,

i've got a problem with the Logoff Url on my AS Java NetWeaver 7.3

I set the parameter ume.logoff.redirect.url, but in NWA this LogOff URL is not working.

I'm alway redirect back to NWA.

best regards

Bastian Gschrey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bastian,

Please refer below notes.

1801580 - UME property "ume.logoff.redirect.url" only work for Portal

1984010    URL Redirect vulnerability in WebDynpro Java 

2057378 - All Web Dynpro for Java applications' logoff will not redirect to the login page

Br, Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bastian,

it is possible to fix the problem by changing the "sap.logoffURL"-Parameter.

For mor information see help.sap.com:

Configuring the Web Dynpro Runtime Environment - Developing Java Web Dynpro Applications - SAP Libra...

with best regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bastian,

I have the same problem in NW 7.4.

The parameter "ume.logoff.redirect.url" in the expertmode of the UME does not work for the NWA logoff.

Regards,

Jan

nickrankin
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

This 'ume.logoff.redirect.url' parameter is only applicable to the Portal application. It is not designed or supported to work in any other configuration. Please refer to SAP KBA: 1801580 for more information about this parameter,

Best regards,

Nick

Active Global Support

scott_seaman
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have the opposite problem.  NW74 AS java, the portal does not log the user out at all, whether ume.logoff.redirect.url is configured or not.  The NWA, on the other had, logs the user off and redirects to the configured SAML logoff endpoint.  Any thoughts?

nickrankin
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

What happens when you click the log off button? Are any errors displayed? Does it happen in all web browsers? If using Internet Explorer does the log off work if the site is added to the Compatiblity View?

Best regards,

Nick

scott_seaman
Explorer
0 Kudos

When the logoff button is clicked, the "are you sure you want to log off" window pops up.  When one clicks "Yes", a small "closing sessions" window appears momentarily, then goes away, but the user is not logged off.  The portal remains running in the browser window.  The only way out is to close the browser window.  This is on all browsers, and adding the site to the IE compatibility view does not change the behavior.

nickrankin
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Are you using SPNego or SAML authentication methods? If you are you could customize the custom log off URL to include either of the following GET parameters, e.g:

http://<host>:<port>/irj/portal?spnego=disabled

or

http://<host>:<port>/irj/portal?saml=disabled

This will prevent the authentication method from triggering and show the next login option based on your login stack configuration.

SAP KBA: 1490105 may also be of interest.

Best regards,

Nick Rankin

Active Global Support

scott_seaman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SAML.

I don't quite follow, sorry.  We would like to redirect to a non-portal page, like https://fubar.com/logoff

nickrankin
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

You can set the 'ume.logoff.redirect.url' UME property to contain a different URL, such as http://www.google.ie/ for example.

This parameter can be set via the configtool under the UME service configuration. You'll have to restart the system in order for the UME property to be activated.

Note: 1642493 will show you where to locate this parameter. Do set the UME parameter globally not at instance level in configtool.

Best regards,

Nick

scott_seaman
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks, i had ume.logoff.redirect.silent set to true.

I changed it to false in the portal ume config, and now it is working properly.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bastian,

We have the same issue at our end. The irj portal logs off but the log -off url does not work for NWA.

But since only admin users have access to NWA and not all end users, we haven't really searched for a solution.

Will like to know if SAP has any solution to this.

Regards,

Sonia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bastian

did you also restart the ap server?

Let me know

a

0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

yes is restarted the server. But in the Documenation I red, that the ume.logoff.redirect.url parameter is only for Portal Logout. Not for other applications like NWA

regards

Bastian