cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch determination in Delievery for STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,   I have an outbound delivery created for an STO ( Stock transfer PO).   The issue is the batch is not getting detected automatically in the delivery and I have to manually enter the batch.  

Please let me know what setting needs to be maintained to trigger batch automatically in PGI in Outbound delivery against stock transfer order?

Is it possible, the system will pick the batch number automatically By FIFO (First In First Out) method?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mandeep;

i have had the same problem as you and i just figured it out.

We are doing Intercompany transfers using PO's and then running VL10B to generate the deliveries.

In configuration in Automatic Batch Determination for delivery Item Categorie you need to have item category NLC checked on.

Also if the Delivery Document Type you are creating is NLCC you need to make sure in configuration for Search Procedure for Batches: Determination in Sales Docs you have an entry for Sales Doc Type 'NL'.  This Sales Doc type is connected to Delivery type NLCC in the delivery type configuration.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Below are the back settings required for batch determination in delivery for STO:

Activation of batch management

IMG:  Logistics General > Batch Management > Specify batch level and activate status management.

Activation of batch management

IMG:  Logistics General > Batch Management > Batch Where-Used list > Make settings for batch where-used list.

Create condition Table for Batch determination

IMG:  Logistics – General > Batch Management > Batch Determination and Batch check > condition Tables > Define Sales and Distribution condition Tables > Create condition Table for Batch Determination (SD).

Define Sales and Distribution Access sequences

IMG:  Logistics – General > Batch Management > Batch Determination and Batch check > Access sequences > Define Sales and Distribution Access Sequences.

Define Sales and Distribution strategy Types

IMG:  Logistics – General > Batch Management > Batch Determination and Batch check > Strategy Types > Define Sales and Distribution Strategy Types.

Define Sales and Distribution search procedure

IMG:  Logistics – General > Batch Management > Batch Determination and Batch check > Batch search procedure definition > Define Sales and distribution Search Procedure.

Allocate SD search procedure / Activate check

IMG:  Logistics – General > Batch Management > Batch Determination and Batch check > Batch search procedure allocation and check activation

Activate Automatic Batch determination for delivery item category

IMG:  Logistics – General > Batch Management > Batch Determination and Batch check > Activate automatic batch determination in SD > Activate Automatic Batch Determination for Delivery Item Cat

Creation of expiry date class and associated characteristic

Transaction:  CL01

Define Selection Classes

IMG:  Logistics – General > Batch Management > Batch Determination and Batch check > Define Selection Classes

Define Sort rules

IMG:  Logistics – General > Batch Management > Batch Determination and Batch check > Define Sort Rules

Creation of batch search strategy

Transaction:  VCH1

Regards,

Swapneel Kolte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swapneel

I have mentioned the setting as mention by , but how do I make sure it is working fine.When I click on Batch Split , system give error "Batch determination is not possible because is no search procedure". PLease see the screen shot

My scenario is mentioned below

MaterialBatch ABatch BSTO QtyDO Qty
X307010070

I want that system should detect batch automatically. But it is not happening , I need to put batch manually .

Please tell the step of assigning batch automatically in the picking.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Please manitain conditions in VCH1

Regards,
Swapneel Kolte

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

From where you got this piece to paste here ?

Singh : please check below thread .

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1648615

If above is not solve on above error then search on error in Google .

Note : I request you to please dont copy and paste any pieces here from existing threads .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swapnee

That is done. Now I am getting error : "strategy has no search specification"

Could you help me with some detail the steps for configuration automatic batch management. I think I am missing some steps.

Basically in class and characteristic  creation .

Thanks

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please have a look into below thread .

http://scn.sap.com/message/5154689

Note : Before posting here at least try / search in Google to get the exact answer on your Error .Please put what ever you got error in Google along with SAP SCN then you will get a lot of threads on this .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren

I have not posted anything form here and there. I am showing the screen shot from my system only. If you have a solution then  post here.

Don't jump to conclusion without knowing the fact.

Thanks

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you dont mind,can you see my 3rd post ,to whom ,I have given reply ?

Note :If execute what ever you are getting errors in Google with SCN SAP then you will get a lot of threads why because they have already discussed here so many times .

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Check if the required class is present in cl01n

Check if the required characteristics are maintained using CU70

Check in VCH1 if the selection criteria tab has class assignment and its conditions maintained for characteristics defined and then in sort tab check if the sort sequence is maintained.

Regards,

Swapneel Kolte

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to tcode SM30 for view V_TVLP_CH and check if the flag for delivery type NLN is flaged.

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eduardo

I am doing STO for inter company and hence I have maintained the setting for NLC but still batch is not automatically showing in the delivery.

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Few quick checks:

• Please check that the batch determination is activated for the said sales area and underlying sales document combination
  • Item category is relevant for batch determination.
  • Item category determination at  delivery level for batch split is set
  • Condition records are maintained
  • For given  plant  batch is activated(if it is at plant level)
  • Stock is available for the said material and batch

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards,

Atulkumar Dagade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Atul

Thanks for the reply,

Could you please let me know the transaction code or menu path as well. I have done the same thing which you have mentioned. To just confirm if i missed something.

Thanks

Mandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mandeep,

Also make sure you check batch management box in material master sales:general/plant tab for your material.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please let me know what setting needs to be maintained to trigger batch automatically in PGI in Outbound delivery against stock transfer order?

Have tried / searched in Google on this requirement before posting here ? .Please search in Google what parameters is important to get the automatically Batch in Delivery level .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member

Dear Naren

I have searched in Google , but could find a relevant answer. If you know then let me know the answer or refer some relevant links

Thanks

Mandeep