cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running WDA ABAP on my Enterprise Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two systems (Netweaver 2004s Java and Netweaver 2004s ABAP) running on two different computers. I have developed an ABAP WDA, tested it and works fine in my SE80->Test Application.

Question 1:

I want to run this now on my Enterprise Portal (Netweaver 2004s Java). Have any of you done this? If so, can you please send me a step-by-step procedure.

Question 2:

I am disappointed by the fact, that Netweaver 2004s ABAP does not have an Enterprise Portal unlike Java. Can anybody tell me if there is a workaround that I dont know of, so that I dont have to go through the process in Question 1 to see my WDA ABAP run on a Portal.

Thank you in advance for your time, effort and generosity to share your valuable knowledge. Its greatly appreciated!

Nagesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi. You will need to set up a system configuartion in your portal to access the ABAP stack.

1) First you need to set up the portal so that it knows the system that you want to connect to. Here is the documenation for setting it up. Once you setup the system, you simply create an iView. When you create the iView it will ask you which system you want to connect to for this WDA app.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/5a/0339040c0b11d7b84800047582c9f7/frameset.htm

You will want to use the "template selection" at the appropriate point in the system config wizard. Also you probably want to use the "SAP system using dedicated application server"

2) The portal is implemented on the java stack only, there is not portal that runs on the abap stack. I'm not sure that SAP plans to create there own portal framework on the ABAP stack. Even the portal on the java stack was purchased.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/f81cfe63291bc9e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm">the documentation</a>

Regards, Heidi