cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict to make duplicate Q Plan w.r.t. insp. type 01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to this issue and need yours help.

Issue is, One of my client has already existing quality plans for their materials(Raw, SF and Finish) in plant even though their users are mistakenly making  new quality plans. For example, If for raw material quality plan is exist w.r.t. 01and 08 inspection type even though users created and still creating quality plan for the same material w.r.t. same inspection type i.e. 01 which I want to stop.

Can anybody guide me how we can stop users for creating such duplicate or double quality plans w.r.t. same inspection type?

Is their any standard way or need to do enhancement if then how?

Thanks,

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have started to work on enhancement, If any help required then will get back to you all.

Thanks,

Naresh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In all honesty, this is really a business process control issue.  yes.. you can use programming to solve this if you wish.  But where does it stop?

It's not hard for a user to check to see if a plan is assigned.. It takes about 5 seconds using QP03.  Give them a procedure for them, train them.

If it continues to happen, write up the offending person(s).  Elevate it to their supervisors. 

Most places put strict limits on who can create/change inspection plans.  This should be a handful of people.  In major fortune 100 companies I've seen this limited to one person per plant who can modify/create plans, maybe with one backup person.  Sometimes its been limited to a small central team. When it is limited to a few key people, it shouldn't be an issue.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right and same thing I have told to my client even though he forces me to do so and my organization too because customer/client is King if he want then we should have to give them required service.

Many users are expecting total automation for their SAP system. I am trying to convince them but don't get convinced many times.

Thanks,

Naresh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand that.  It's a problem we all face. And a lot of consulting firms love these requests because they are paid for the extra developments.  That's the real reason the customer is king.  Lets face it.

But it's very disappointing from a consultant's standpoint, (especially an independent one like me), to see these development requests granted.

What if two years from now they WANT to create a second inspection plan for the same material and start a process for that material where they want to manually pick the inspection plan based on some other factor?  That possible use of the system is now prevented by the development and the development would have to be modified for just the one product.  Just because they don't want to implement proper security, train their employees, and hold them accountable.

Consulting firms are NOT doing any favors for their clients by supporting these things.  The firm should push back and at least tell the client that they are recommending against the development and will do it but the client has to understand why they recommend against it and accept future responsibility.

Sorry... I'll get off my soapbox!! 

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh ,

We Can do enchancement and we can put a warning or error message shows that alraedy it is existed when we give the quality plan to the material

Hope this will help you .

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh

This is no standard functionality which can restrict this.

You have to control this with the help of enhacement.

i have not ties this out...

Use user-exit

QPAP0002

It may be useful. Just try to make combination of Material, Plant and insepction type/usage. in you logic.

regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

Thanks for your early reply.

Am I need to do it for only QP01 and QP02 transaction?

Also at what level means after input on first page immediately after enter it should trigger. Am I right, Is it so?

Plz guide me.

Thanks,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The given exit will help you to assign appropriate Inspection plan if you have more than one with same usage.

As per my understanding from exit documentation, It won't restrict you from creating the duplicate. This issue is basically more on the user training / awareness of master data uniqueness & clean data.

Generally, Master Data Authorization will be given to one specific user per department who will handle all the masters within the department.

Alternatively, I think, you may use some implicit enhancement to achieve this. Please have a discussion with your ABAP consultants.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maheswaran,

Thanks for your reply.

As I am new to such development so please guide me how to work out on such requirement.

See if I am going to transaction QP01 and start to make Quality Plan then on initial screen system ask for material and plant so if I will use any user exit or logic, even though where exactly system will check that already quality plan w.r.t. inspection type 01 is present for the same material.

Please guide me for setting the logic.

Thanks,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't check the data at the initial entry screen where you enter material & plant.

Check for the possibility of coding your logic in save event of inspection plan. As I am not ABAP consultant, I can't give much clarity on this. So discuss with those consultants & look for the feasible solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.

Can you minimum guide me that where I have get the inspection type reference in QP01 transaction means see if I am making quality plan w.r.t. 01 inspection type then system allowing and as you said at the time of saving the transaction, system will check that whether the inspection plan exist for the same inspection type or not.

Please guide me where exactly system check this?

Thanks,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

ABAP coding should be made in such a way that data from screen (especially Material, Plant & Usage combination) will be taken to cross verify with the existing Inspection plan details (PLKO with task list type as Q). If any record matches, you can give custom warning or error message based on the requirement by not allowing to save the inspection plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not getting Material in PLKO table.

I have used SE11 and given task list type "Q" and Plant but system is not giving option of material even in output I am not getting material.

If material not getting in input or output in SE11 or SE16 or SE16N then how can I work on this development?

Thanks,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Material Assignment to Inspection Plan can be obtained from MAPL table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But can I use both the tables combinely and if yes then how is the logic means which table come first and then which second.

Can you please tell me that, whether I have to pass the MATNR of MAPL table to PLKO table, like this or what?

Actually my ABAPer is new and less experienced hence need clear idea about logical flow.

Thanks,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't give you the logic either. So raise this query or search in ABAP Development forum on "How to join the tables in ABAP query"