cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding the field content and value based on the other field value in Adobe forms

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to hide the field content and value(Total Line) for specific band employees, i.e. i want to hide the below given line if the employee band is 6. It has to display for other band employees except band-6.

Kindly help me on this.

Basic Monthly Salary                                            Rs. 0.00/month.

Regards

Kesava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

Can you try with the option of creating a subform and move the text fields which you need to hide inside the subform.

You can write the script code on the subform.

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

You can achieve this by writing javascript code.First embed these two fields in a subform. Write the below javascript code in formready event of the subform.

IF( your_condition_on_other_field )

{

this.presence = "hidden".

}

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Naga

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your reply.  The requirement is to hide the total line for band-6 employees. for that line i have used seperate text field. When i trying to write the java script code it is not visible. i think this is because of the field which i used is Text field.

And Band field value is not used(not binding) anywhere in subform, just passing the value in adobe form FM.

Can you please suggest on this and explain in detail.

Regards

Kesava

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kesav,

On the adobe form you are having 2 text fields 1. Band Value 2. Total Value(Text Field)

Try to drag the Band Value onto the adobe form and make it as "Hidden From Layout".

and the write the javascript code

IF( data.<subform>.BAND_VALUE.rawvalue = 6 )

{

this.presence = "hidden";

}