cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change plant col position- VA41?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

In VA41, Create Contract Overview Screen @ the line item level, the Plant column comes @ 39th position. We’ve to scroll extreme right to reach up to Plant column. But we want it @ 3rd position i.e. 1st column is Item no., 2nd col is material code and 3rd column should be Plant. Although we can drag it to the desired position but we want that whenever contract screen opens with VA41, plant shd be @ 3rd position ALWAYS. How can we achieve this by std. setting without Transaction and Screen variants? We want the same setting for VA42 and VA43 also.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to VA41 and make the changes what you want in columns  like drag the plant column from 39th position to 3rd and then click on the Configuration which is  available extreme right top of the column. then you will get a box like this

Create a new variant like VA41 or anything else as per your identification and then click on crate  below. and save.  then after that the plant will be at the desired place as you required.

Hope it will help you.

Regards

Pitabash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pitabash,

Thanks for your reply. How to change any existing Variant? In F4 I'm not getting any existing Variant. But there is a variant.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can' t change the standard variant. that is attached to transaction variant. So you have to create a new variant as per your requirement.

Regards

Pitabash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot change an existing one, just create a new variant by clicking on create button below it. Just keep the Use as standard setting option checked and then save. It will get saved as default.

You can delete the same anytime by clicking on delete button. Do let us know if you are still facing any issues.

Regards

Purnand

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, no, it is not a std variant. Somebody have made it. I want to change it. But I'm not getting it in F4.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a new one and delete the older one after that for safety purpose.

Regards

Purnand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you tell us please what is your variant name  and what is mentioned in standard setting and current setting field.

Regards

Pitabash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pitabash,

I'm not able to enter anything in Current settings & Standard settings fields. In both the fields Basic setting is coming. What are these fields for and do I need to change? I'm not able to attach screen shot of Table Ctrl image in a Word file, err: The content type of this image is not allowed.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then these are standard variant.

So create your own variant by putting any value in field Variant below to Maintain Variants

Then click on create and save.

make sure before creating you have changed your column as required.

Regards

Pitabash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I’m not able to change the Position of Plant because the Position field is not modifiable. How can I make the Position field editable? I’ve SAP ALL authorization.

Pl help me with the following issue also:

I'm not able to attach image from paint or word file. Err: The content type of this image is not allowed.

Pl suggest how to insert image.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hello,

There is 2 ways to insert an image:

1. You can select the picture icon on the tool bar

and then the foolowing screen will allow you to upload your picture from your computer:

2. You can also drug and drop the image directly from your computer to the text, that the way I use.

Hope it is helpful,

Elidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elidan,

I'm already following the first step which you have mentioned- Using Insert Image icone and I'm uploading a paint file. But system is err: The content type of this image is not allowed. It is less than 1 MB. So pl suggest what is the solution. Your second option of Drag & Drop is not working. I tried it ealier also.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you tried to save the image at different format: PNG or JPG?

Former Member
0 Kudos

PNG format is working.

Thanks.

Now Moderators,

Kindly see the image.  I’m not able to change the Position of Plant because the Position field is not modifiable. How can I make the Position field editable? I’ve SAP ALL authorization.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here you can't change. and it will impact to your transaction variant  and to program also. which impact to the whole system.

better to in VA41 screen move the Plant column manually like drag it to the position and same time create a new variant putting  a name to field variant and then click to " Create.

If you want to  change the standard setting follow below link .

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a070bfbb-d34a-2d10-b092-ecbe0b0d4...

Hope it will help you.

Regards

Pitabash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pitabash,

You're absolute right. Changing the existing position may have some implecations. Hence it is advisable to create our own Variant. I have successfully created a new variant with the Plant @ the desired position and in every user-id it is @ the same position- tested successfully. Hence closing this thread and full points to you for your effort.

Thanks.

Keep in touch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dude..

Best of luck

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

You can control this easily with table control settings. Please check below link in which has explained how to work with table control functionality. After reading this if you still dont get then please search in google with table control in SAP search term or simply update here.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-34968

Thank$