cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Usage Decision

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is  there any standard Provision if characteristics as a required without result recording UD should not allow in system.

Above  we tried  with Status Profile activation its working fine  but some of bottle necks in Status Profile it means without result recording I can change status in  Usage Decision screen  and do UD.

Is there any other solution if yes kindly guide me how to do....................

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you used status profile to prevent the UD if the results were not recorded.. Correct?

But you've found that the user status can be manually changed without recording results and than the UD is allowed.  Is that correct?

In the configuration where you created the status profile, there should be a field for "Authorization Key".  You can set a different authorization key for each status maintained in the status profile if you want, or just one key on specific statuses.

You than assign the users the appropriate authorization key.  Only assign the key to people like the lab manager or QA who can authorize overriding the status profile and make a UD without all the results being recorded.

I've pasted in the help file for the authorization key field below.

FF

From SAP help:

Authorization key

The authorization key is the basis for status-dependent authorization verification.

Example

Whenever a user status is set or deleted, the user's authorization to do so is checked. The status profile, the object type and the authorization key for the user status concerned are checked.

If, for example, you want to ensure that certain user statuses can be changed only by people in a particular group, you assign all those user statuses an authorization key.

Then use authorization object B_USERSTAT to give authorizations for those authorization keys.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BTW: There is also a UD check user exit that you could also use.  But I'd recommend against that and use the status profile that you already set up.

FF