cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Update possible in Preprocessing phase ?

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

We are in Preprocessing phase of Update using SUM and currently its waiting for SPDD adjustment. Can we safely reset Update as Shadow system has been created.

If, so Can you please tell me how can i Reset complete Update in Preprocessing phase. As per guide, i think this should be possible.. want to know what is best way to do this.

best regards

ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Ashish,

Best way is to follow the guide. Its best this is why given in guide.

Resetting the Upgrade

During the Preprocessing Roadmap Step

If you are in a dialog phase, the GUI displays the Repeat, Init, and Exit buttons. In this case, choose Exit before resetting the update.

In some cases, you have to choose Cancel (repeatedly) before you can choose Reset Update in the menu bar.

If you are in phase DOWNCONF_DTTRANS_BCK, you must first resume production operation before Reset Update is enabled again.

In the GUI menu bar, choose UpdateReset Update.

When you reset the update, error messages are displayed stating that SDT requests could not be executed. You can ignore these messages.

NOTE

If you reset the update while the shadow system is running, the shadow system service is not automatically uninstalled. You have to uninstall the shadow system service manually.

Otherwise, you are not able to delete the update directory since the service still accesses an executable located in this directory.

3.Delete the update directory.

4.Unpack the Software Update Manager package again and start from the beginning as described in Starting the Software Update Manager

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Gaurav

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it safe to do this ? has some one done reset in this phase ?

Hi Ashish,

The reset can be done at any phase of the upgrade. The reset can done directly from the GUI option until before the downtime. After entering the downtime the system need to be restored with the backup taken before entering the downtime and then perform the Reset.

For more information about the reset and uninstalling the shadow instance please refer to the SUM guide which provides the detail information.

Thank You.

Regards,

Deepika

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ashish,

You can reset the upgrade as follow:

Go to sum gui and at menu tab click on reset upgrade. Accept the confirmation and follow the documentation .

Cheers