Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering events in cross-components

0 Kudos

I have component 1 running. I use a button trigger to
generate a popup message box.

I have component 2 running. I use a button to trigger an
event with sy-subrc = 0.

I have event in 2 now configured to be an interface event.

I tie component 2 to component 1 view and event handler in
component 1 to listen for component 2 event.

Component 1 is running. Component 2 is running.

I trigger event in component 2. No popup in component 1.

I can trigger a popup from 2 which is component 1 but I want
to use component 2 to trigger the popup in component 1.

Any ideas how to make
this work.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

frank_ruggaber
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

two question on this problem:

• Is the component - which will open the popup - visible at the time the event is fired?
  • Is the event handler method reached - have you already debugged that?

Regards

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your response. I have component A and B running at the same time. From B I can trigger the popup to show up in the B component. When I switch the event listener to trigger in the A component when I trigger the event in B I was hoping to see the popup in A. This is not happening. So I know the event is triggering and I know a popup can appear just not in the component that I want it to.

Thanks

Bruce

frank_ruggaber
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

sorry - but I don't understand, what you do so far. You said your're switching the event listener? The easiest way would be to use a interface method e.g. "CALL_POPUP", which you implement in the COMPONENTCONTROLLER of the component which calls the popup. Than you could call this method within component directly or ffrom another component via the interface method.

By the way: have you already used the Floorplan Manager? Within this scenario it is much easier to interact between different Web Dynpro components. And it already delivers a "dilaog box" scenario (e.g. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/52/ef17eacd874943bcc5031aa00151b4/content.htm)

We develop with Web Dynpro since its ramp up phase several years ago - and for cross component scenarios or scenarios with many different components we only do this with the Floorplan Manager.

Regards

Frank