Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Technical Help option on right click in webdynpro abap application

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to enable the standard context menu options that appears in all  Web Dynpro applications. This menu has basically three options:

- Display Quick Help

- More Field Help

- Technical Help

I am able to see the first two option but not the third option i.e.'Technical Help'. Is there any additional authorization that needs to be provided

Thank you.

Regards,

Navya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member

Hi Navya,

I agree sometimes technical help option is disable on right click. But there is a way to enable through debugging.

Put a breakpoint in IF_WDR_CONTEXT_MENU_HANDLER~CONTEXT_MENU_CALLED of class CL_ WDR_HELP_HANDLER like below.

Put a breakpoint at line number 56 and change the value of  m_is_developer = 'X' and execute. Now the Tech help option will be enabled on screen.

Award if helpful.

Regards,
Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This thread should help:

The technical help entry is based on authorization object.

Best regards,

Gabor

Rudi_Dutli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

The access to the WD4A Technical Help depends on an authorisation simulation in class CL_WDR_TRACING (bootstrap) on object S_DEVELOP for DEBUG and ACTVT '03' and is stored in cl_wdr_tracing=>m_is_developer.

This value is then subsequently checked in class CL_WDR_HELP_HANDLER (if_wdr_context_menu_handler~context_menu_called) where the context menu is appended with the "Technical Help..." option if cl_wdr_tracing=>m_is_developer = abap_true.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Rudi Dutli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please apply Sap note #1917681.

It should solve your problem

Regards

Rekha_DR
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have Similar issue, but at the ' User Settings ' level.

I need to provide option an ' Use Value as Default ' in the User Settings Context menu.

Where can I do settings for ' User Settings ' ?

Regards,

Rekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you are looking for User setting , it will be displayed only in case of UI elements appears.

If you right click on a blank screen or where settings are not required it will automatically be hided in the menu.

Check in different UI areas  of Webdynpro on the Behaviour of the menu.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to enable technical help option in portal as shown in the screen-shot below.

Any idea how to enable this option on portal.

Regards ,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Take a look at the following thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2111328

Regards,

Lisandro

former_member217546
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I am not sure, it might be resolved by your Enterprise Portal Consultant(Administrator),there might be settings to enable context menu.Please consult your EP consultant.

Thanks,

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason might be due to missing authorization. Try to check the missing authorization using SU53 T-code and assign the relevant role to see the technical help option.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Navya,

By saying 'Technical Help' I think you mean to say the third option ( user settings ) which I can hide by using parameter WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION.

So you can chek the parameter value in application level.

Also it may be possible that you dont have the authorization to chekc it because there are certain roles maintain to display the same.

Check this for roles 

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ba/139e422bd70931e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Monishankar Chatterjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navya,

Not really sure if there was an option called 'Technical Help'. You can find technical related information from 'More field help' option also.

Hope this helps,

~Athreya