cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create u0093Generic Search Helpu0094

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to go through the instructions in the PDF titled "<i>How to Create 'Generic Search Help' Component Using Web Dynpro</i>" found at this location

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f368bc46-0301-0010-1e92-cd1...

Step 12 says to "Create necessary contexts in the Component Controller and in the Generic Search Help view". Unfortunately, I am still new to Web Dynpro and I need more detailed instructions : (

Can someone tell me what context entries are necessary for that step? I would REALLY appreciate the help.

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

you must bind the Model Node (Context Mapping) from your Model (<b>MO_F4IF_GET_SHLP_DESCR</b> and <b>MO_F4IF_SELECT_VALUES</b>) into your Component Controller (drag & drop) and then bind them into the new View <b>GenericSearchHelpView</b>.

In this way you could bind the UI elements in that view with model node elements.

Best regards,

Gianluca Barile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gianluca,

Thanks for responding. I'm going to assign you some points because I appreciate your response but I still need more help.

I've created a model node in the controller context but I'm not sure exactly WHAT to map from the model to the context. For example MO_F4IF_GET_SHLP_DESCR model has 8 'entries' under it:

+ Zwd_F4lf_Get_Shlp_Descr_Input

+ Zwd_F4lf_Get_Shlp_Descr_Input

+ Ddshfprop

+ Ddshiface

+ Ddshselopt

+ Dfies

+ Shlp_Descr

+ Shlp_Intds

The MO_F4IF_SELECT_VALUES model has 10 'entries' under it:

+ Zwd_F4If_Select_Values_Input

+ Zwd_F4If_Select_Values_Output

+ Char250

+ Ddshfprop

+ Ddshiface

+ Ddshretval

+ Ddshselopt

+ Dfies

+ Shlp_Descr

+ Shlp_Intds

How do I know which model to bind to the controller context and which entry in the model to use? I looked through the rest of the PDF but I couldn't figure out from that.

Thanks again for your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

for simplicity you must bind the node:

Zwd_F4lf_Get_Shlp_Descr_Input (with all subnodes)

Zwd_F4If_Select_Values_Input (with all subnodes)

Here you have all you need.

Regards,

Gianluca Barile

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can bind one of the models to it's associated context model node with no problem. However, when I try to bind the 2nd model to its associated context model node I get an error on the wizard. The error says

"Duplicate Context element 'xxx'. Rename or uncheck duplicate element(s)."

where xxx is Output and all the entries under Output.

Not sure what to do next.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

the error is due to fact that can't be many nodes (or subnodes) in the context with the same name.

You must rename one of them (nodes OUTPUT).

Regards,

Gianluca Barile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I'll do that and go through the rest of the PDF and see how it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

because the initial question of this thread (how to create GenericSearchHelpView) has been answered, I should ask you to set up the thread into the ANSWERED state and assign me the rights points.

If in the completing of your exercise you'll find other issues, maybe you open next threads.

Best regards and a thanks a lot,

Gianluca Barile

Answers (0)