cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods in Transit G/L for Cogs Account during PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We always face an issue during month end, there are several PGI's done in the month and upon not receiving supporting documents Finance department request logistic department to reverse PGI's, which is always a painful job. Sometimes it is also possible that the users reverse PGI in the wrong month which creates differences during reconciliation.

Is it possible to have have a goods in transit G/L maintained at delivery level  which can be utilized for reconciliation.

Regards

Fahad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fahad

There is no stock in transit concept in Sale order delivery. You can have consignment process or two step PGI in plant to plant or cross company STO but in normal sale process there is no option of stock in transit.

For your process you can have some checks on reversal of delivery document that user cannot reverse previous period's document or some other checks like this but stock in transit concept is not possible as per my knowledge.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Moazzam

two step PGI in plant to plant

Can you elaborate a bit more on this...

What about checks on reversal period option...?

Thanks

Riyaz

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Sometimes it is also possible that the users reverse PGI in the wrong month which creates differences during reconciliation.

This issue is not only for you but also all people are facing why because If we even said to users ,how to reverse the PGI means what parameters is important on VL09 when User is going to reverse the PGI .

One thing is If you enter what ever you want all parameters on over view screen of VL09  the  execute .Here you can see all Delivery doc numbers .when a movement you selected Delivery number and click on Reverse Icon then the system shall pop up one Box with " Do you want reverse the Good Issue " .If you make this Message as warning with " Make sure the Goods Issuing Month is equal / falling under to Goods revering Month " then at least user can alert and check the Delivery doc of Goods issue date and will maintain that month for reversing the goods .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Two step PGI in STO process is done with 641 movement type and it is that when you create a STO > Delivery Order and PGI then system posts this stock in transit like with 301 but this process is done with SD delivery document. When stock is received at reciving store then 101 os posted and GR is done. This is two step delivery process in STO process but in sale order it can't be happen.

Different kind of checks has been mentioned by and you can sit with your ABAPER and develop a logic that when every user tries to reverse a PGI system validate its posting period with current system date. If you need more assistance, update me.

Thank$

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fahad,

Apart from the valuable post from all the forum members.

You can take a look of one of my post similar to this requirement.

Just check once and let me know.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fahad,

Can you please try after executing MMRV and unchecked 'Allow posting to previous per.' option. you can try the same with OMSY. In case if this didn't meet up with your requirement completely then use MV50AFZ1 program and by the help of your ABAPER do write a source code in order to check the system and PGI date and if goods issue date will be in past then system will throw an error msg. Hope it helps. Do update with your findings. Thanks.

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the suporting documentation?  Are you talking about proof of delivery?

To control the reversal of PGI use MMRV after all the SD/MM postings have been confirmed.

Regards

Waza

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Fahad

What the other 2 consultants have stated makes sense but if you are looking at an accounting entry during delivery that is a possibility.

We had a similar kind of an issue where we wanted to add a tax entry into the cost of goods sold accounting entry during delivery (for a free goods item). We used  function module fi_document_check --  there is a  subroutine where we coded the above........Please discuss with your abaper and let me  know if this works for you.

If you require further information do write back.

Regards

Madan Shetty