cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapinstgui install fails - connection refused

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install the netweaver trial from NWABAPTRIAL70211_64 on Windows 7 Home Premium (possibly not a valid OS, but I saw another post claiming that it was possible). The server seems to install from sapinst OK, and appears to be running (green from SAP Management Consol).

When I try to install the GUI by running sapinstgui, I get the message:

"Error while connecting to communications partner - see preceding messages.

Could not connect to host localhost on port 21212.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect"

Other people have had this error, but I couldn't find a definitive answer. I have tried logging on as different users, and I ran netstat -ano.  Port 21212 does not appear in that listing (potentially a problem?).  I have turned off Windows firewall.

Please note that the only reason I am doing this is to provide a platform to learn ABAP.

Thanks in advance,

Les

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Les,

Unfortunately, only the OS's listed in note below are supported.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/66971

• Windows 7 32bit (only "Professional", "Ultimate" and "Enterprise"
    editions)

• Windows 7 64bit edition on x64 (AMD) and Intel EM64T (only "Professional",
    "Ultimate" and "Enterprise" editions)

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude,

Thanks - I had seen on these forums that some people claim to have installed it on Home Premium.  I noticed you mentioned Win Pro 32-bit. I do have Win Pro 32-bit, but I can't see that the demo is available in 32-bit format?

Regards,

Les

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Les,

I'm facing a problem same as you. I have installed the version to learn ABAP on Windows XP (virtual machine) and it seems that SAP GUI installer wants to connect with port 21200 (when I run this installer on my main OS - Win7 it looks at port same as yours 21212).

I check which ports are open and found 50013. But when I try to connect with this port the installer is working like an endless loop - it never ends. Could you please check this port also on your system?

Please share if you will find a solution. I was trying to install the whole NetWeaver server, which took me 2 days and now I cannot connect, because of lack of SAP GUI

Looking forward for some help - thanks in advance.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Les,
Are you trying to install SAPGUI from the compilation dvd download?

Please download the files from here:

http://service.sap.com/swdc

Installations and Upgrades

Browse our Download Catalog

SAP Frontend Components

SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS

SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.30 CORE

Installation

Then run sapsetupall to install sapgui for windows.

Jude

PS,maybe this guide can help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km0MbEQxvOo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude,

Thanks. I don't have access to this download, although possibly could get it through my employer.  I'll follow up on that when I get a chance. In the meantime I have access to our Dev environment, and am able to progress with my learning.

Thanks for your help,

Les

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Les,

first of all, Please check the media which should be Ok mean not corrupted.  If it is Ok then You need to use the correct file for installation.

would you confirm me the SAP GUI version which are you trying to install.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdul,

Thanks. The media is the download file NWABAPTRIAL70211_64.rar direct from scn, so I would expect it not to be corrupt. I'm not sure how to check that however.

I guess it is 7.02 that I am trying to install, based on the file name.

Regards,

Les

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Les,

As you said that the media is looking fine, So, please follow the installation steps which are mentioned in this link.

Install SAP GUI on Windows

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

The demo install directory looks different to this so it doesn't seem to apply.

Regards,

Les