Pls guide me

Jitendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I want to change status of debit memo as complete without creating Bill .

I hope ,this is not Debit Memo ,It is Debit Memo Request .You want this to Complete without Creating Billing .

Why you want to debit Memo Request with Complete Status ?

Note : If you want to Debit Memo Request with Complete Status without Billing Then Put Reason for Rejection and save it then it will show you as Complete status .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

Note : If you want to Debit Memo Request with Complete Status without Billing Then Put Reason for Rejection and save it then it will show you as Complete status .

Please test this and update.

From my testing (already done before posting my initial response) the status does not change to Complete!

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Sorry on this . Instead of maintaining  Reason for Rejection please keep Order reason then you will get Document is Complete .

FYI,see below screen shot .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

From my understanding the OP is talking about "the overall status" of the document, and not the header data completeness or incompleteness.

This Overall status is still open, even if you add Order reason.

Further, why would Order reason make the status of a document change from Open to Completed?

Order reason is for a different function / purpose.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Due to some problem in my IDEAS ,I didnt get DR Status in VA02 thats why I didnt update here overall .

FYI, see below screen shot of IDEAS .

Note : I will update once I got result on this .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naren,

This is strange! But strange things can happen in IDES (not IDEAS)

1. Take an already created Debit memo request (from SE16N, VBAK) and check if you are getting status (in document flow) for those orders.

2. Check / test the same by creating a credit memo request

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Another new interest thing is If you maintain Reason for rejection for DR and CR then you can not get Over all document status .Please check in your IDES and update here .

FYI,See below screen shot .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW and Narendra

Interesting discussion going here and I just checked that this issue was faced by me and I had link of that. Please check this link and I hope it will give you and OP the solution what he is looking for,

Thank$

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have tested in my IDES then I got below results .Please check and give your valuable feed back .If possible test once again and post whatever you found .

Test 1 :

Resource Open Item Again (not checked)

Not relevant for billing (checked)       

Maintained that Reason for rejection in DR and got No Status ( in Status Field ,there is no anything ).If I removed reason for rejection then I got Open Status .     

Test 2 :

Resource Open Item Again (not checked)

Not relevant for Billing (not checked)

Maintained that Reason for rejection in DR and got Status as Open.

Test 3 :

Resource Open Item Again (checked)

Not relevant for billing (checked)       

Maintained that Reason for rejection in DR and got No Status (in Status Field, there is no anything).If I removed reason for rejection then I got Open Status.

Note :

1. Moazzam,I dont know,without status of any document ,its good way or bad way why because Status is crucial part for any doc in SAP .Without status of any doc then how can we consider that kind of doc's  as complete,being processed or open .In future ,If you want any report based on this things as complete status of DR and CR then you and me can not get that report in SAP then you need to spend a lot of time get the report ( I am not sure If we spend more on this ,we will get or not also ) .

2. TW,please request to test these things in your IDES and please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

Thank you for sharing the link! It is a learning, to see SAP has given additional functionalities / options with each reason for rejection! (Transaction code OVAG)

Once again we can see the value of searching the internet!

Narendra, Moazzam,

With your participation, I have added to my learning!

During my initial test, the Reason for rejections, did not have the two fields active in OVAG (OLI, BIC) therefore after putting the reason for rejection, the status of the document was still Open.

Now with both the fields activated for the Reason for rejection, I too am getting the Status = blank, in the document flow

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

Problem is this we create credit memo with VA01 and post it with VF01. After posting if we cancel its posting with VF11 and reject the line items in VA02 the status of credit memo remain open. 

The above extract is from the following link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1959629

Why would the business create a credit memo and then cancel it?

Generally in the credit memo process, there is a billing block too; which is there to not make mistakes (i.e. create credit memo documents that are not needed / incorrectly created)

Thank you, in advance!

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

You are right that there is billing block in credit memo request to make sure the accuracy of credit memo request and its value but still there are chances of error or reversal of credit memo. This is the reason why SAP has given reversal documents for credit memos. But the strange thing is that why status not get completed after putting simple rejection. We have to make the changes in reason for rejection setting. Anyways this is still a question mark and if someone knows or get some better satisfactory answer then please share.

Thank$

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Why would the business create a credit memo and then cancel it?

Generally in the credit memo process, there is a billing block too; which is there to not make mistakes (i.e. create credit memo documents that are not needed / incorrectly created)

Thank you, in advance!

Dear TW,

Let me explain you the above question:

In our current project, the orders are being generated by Depots/Dealers/Distributors. They also have authorization to create credit memo request/Debit memo requests. In this case, yes, we have billing block, however, the block is majorly to check the values and approve by the head office.In addition to this, if the credit memo has been created by mistake then head office will keep the reason for rejection and will never remove the block.

Yes, we have this drawback of not getting updated in document status or workflow. I guess its because, CR/DR will not have impact on goods movement.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam, Sai,

Thank you for your posts!

The reason for asking about credit memo specifically, is with this document, the company is "giving" money to its customer.

When the credit memo is cancelled, that means the customer shall not get the money (which earlier he was going to get, from the company) this might not go well with the customer.

Therefore, companies, re-check and re-check before creating credit memos.

Any specific examples, when cancellation of credit memos has happened (in your experiences)?

Thank you, in advance!

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW

The only example which is in my mind right now was in my previous company. There we used manual credit memos and manual entry of discount amount in conditions. There was different GL mapped with every condition. One, users were supposed to enter discount in ZABC condition but mistakenly he entered in ZXYZ condition with same value. Accounts manager approved documents based on values and he didnt checked the conditions to verify the entry in correct GLs. There were hundreds of credit notes posted in wrong G/L and finance people had serious concerns about it. So the only solution was to reverse all credit notes and post again after changing the condition type. Hope this example will clear you why we need to reverse the credit notes some time

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

Many thanks!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Narendra,

I checked it ,

my purpose to remove DR and CR from Open order list ,

That is resolved

Thanks for your answer

Jitendra

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Further to what TW has said, assuming that you do not want to create a Debit Memo[Billing Document] from a Debit Memo Request[Sales Order] you can put a Reason for Rejection for the Debit Memo Request Lines. 

This will make it not relevant for Billing and you will achieve the objective if that is what you are looking for in the first place.

Other than that, there is no way to make the Debit Memo Request [Sales Order Document] complete without the Debit Memo[Billing Document] being generated.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jitendra,

Your question / post is interesting!

Are you talking about debit memo? This as you know is a billing document. So are you saying create a billing document without creating a billing document.

Or are you talking about debit memo request? This as you know is a order.

You want to set the status of this order to complete without creating its (respective) billing document.

If you are talking about debit memo request and status complete without creating a billing document, I think this is not possible.

Could you please convey the business requirement behind this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well said Sir........This kind of requirement often come from the end user side.