Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Free goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus

Hope all doing well

I got a issue in one process with free goods but not able to resolve it can anyone help ?

the scenario is the company give 1 free item for every 10 item for the customer this i can give in free goods but

they want to give free item even if customer order the total of 10 items in three different order in three different days

Like 1st of may customer order 2 item

10 may he order 2 item

30 may he order 4 item

10 june if he order 2 item  total item order is 10 so i have to give 1 item free in the final order

was thinking abt rebate but they dont want to give any cash only item they want to give so any help r suggestion will be helpful thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rani

This is not possible in standard SAP and you have to go for some customization like I have done in my previous company. This is genuine requirement from Sales guys and we call it FOC scheme for partial invoicing.

Now there are few things to take in mind during suggesting some solution for this process.

1. Management wants to give FOC if any sale order is created for 10 quantity in different sale orders.
  2. Management wants to give FOC if 10 quantity has been delivered in different sale orders and devilries.
  3. Management wants to give FOC if customer has invoiced 10 quantity in different invoices during given time period.

Now I think your client will also go for third option. Because giving FOC after sale order or delivery is not feasible. So considering third point there are two solutions I have for you.

1. When quantity is reached to 10 ask your sales person to create sale order manually after verifying invoice of 10 quantity in some Sale report. (I hope your client will not agree on this like mine )
  2. 2nd option is to involve your ABAP guy here and ask him to create a Z application which will create sale order after verifying sales. Maintain condition record of an FOC condition type by copying standard condition NA00 I guess. Don't add this condition in any procedure and ask your ABAPER to read condition record from here, match this with invoiced quantity, if equal to or greater than condition record's quantity then run CREATE SALE ORDER BAPI and create an FOC sale order.

If you need more clarification and assistance, do let me know.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

Good post!

Thank you!

Could you please explain in point 2, how would system keep track of the number of goods, in different sales orders or billing documents and then when the number of goods reaches 10, give 1 good for free? (by creating a FOC order, using a BAPI)

Would this application / program also take in to consideration cancelled billing documents and decrease the number of goods (based on which free good is given)?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW

Yes, this application will consider reversals, open billing documents which are not yet transferred to accounting, sale returns and already considered billing documents. As you know this is ABAP application and we can cover as many scenarios as we can by telling every possible scenario to ABAPER. I had done the same and after a lot of work and efforts we were able to finalize this application because of different scenarios but at the end it was working perfectly

Thank$

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI,

Yes this Obviously need to be Addressed through Zprogramme,.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Moazzam thanks for the quick reply

i had a detail talk with the client today

They give free goods if a customer under following ways

if a customer by A Box which usually got 10 item they give one item free

But by the rule they are not suppose to open one box and give away one item so to they make a note in excel sheet( now they are following ) and when a customer order 9 more box they get 9 item free which now total it makes 10 item so they give one box as free  this is one type

Other one they follow is if he buy 15 box they give 3 free

if he order 18 box they give 3 box free and take a note of remaining 3 in a excel sheet

When he buy 12 box next time they give 2 box free and note the 2 in excel since its 5 box total they give one FOC item

but are same i think

please help thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

This is very complex FOC scheme but still I will say that this is possible with the way I have told you. First you should talk to your client and ask them to make simple FOC schemes. Since your product seems like a BOM (Box main material and items are sub items) but they way they are giving FOC Sales BOMs wont work. You just need to convince them to announce this policy for a specific time period or you can say execution of FOC materials will be done on specific days like every week or 15 days or month. Now if scheme is one item will be FOC with one box that is 10 items > 1 FOC item. With my suggested solution buyer will not get FOC unit on the time of order. He will get FOC when you execute Z program and system will calculate itself which item has already been considered for FOC and which item is still to be consider for FOC. No need to maintain data in excel.

If client insists that if customer buys 10 items then they want to give FOC on the time of order then you can make a separate item category or FOC order type and exclude this order or item category from your Z program.

For this you need an expert ABAPER and you need to be a technical and logical thinker.

I just want to say that with ABAP there is no FOC scheme which is impossible. What you need is just expert ABAPER and some homework done at your end.

One thing I need to know is that how you are creating sale order for box and items? Are you maintaining sale BOM for this or just single material for every item?

Discuss with your ABAPER and client once again and come with their remarks. I'll try to help you out in ABAP work as well because I had got this done from my ABAPER and I have whole logic and documents with me but please don't ask for it

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here we can also use the "Requirement " function available in Maintain Pricing Procedures for free goods . where we can assign a requirement which can check the cumulative qty within that specific time period to activate the condition record.

So after successful then it will create the free goods.

here ABAP'er help required.

Hope it will help you .

Regards

Pitabash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MooazaM and Pitabash

My client is not using BOM they are just sold as a box .

my client dont have any particular period . so my question is what happens i consider the cumulative once its referred is it consider as referred r when he order next time will it be considered

to be honest i am bit new to implementation so some explanation in detail will be helpful so that i can can tell my ABAPer wat is the correct requirement

Sorry to ask everythin in detail

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then it may have impact on your system performance. Still have a look for the below solution.

To perform free goods the system will check from below sequence;-

1:-first check the validity from and to date from NA00 table for that condition type

2:- check all the billing doc for that customer within that range from VBRK table

3:- pass that billing document to VBRP with  material number to find out total billed qty.

4:- if it exceeds the minimum required qty then allow and then calculate the free goods qty.

Like for 10 -1 free.

other way in the condition record of free goods you need some enhancement for calculation rule where there are only 1,2,3 is available in standard.  you need to check previous free goods given.

like if till today you have billed 15 qty and this order have 5 qty . so your order already have given 1. so you need to give only one.  otherwise it will calculate again 2. So keep it mind that also.

Check these setting.

Hope it will work.

Regards

Pitabash

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

My client is not using BOM they are just sold as a box .

May I know ,what do you mean by that sentence in detail ?

Note : If the Requirement is not correct from your side then little bit chances to get the uncorrect answers .It is little bit difficult to us also .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have explained the process with example. Now if you say your client has no some specific time period then ask your ABAPER to maintain a Z table for maintaining indicator for already used materials and billing document. ABAPER will save an indicator for materials and billing document numbers that have been used. If you are using batch number or serial number then it will be very easy to have a track record.

With this you have to create every sale order for this kind of scheme with this Z application. If you will discuss and show these posts to your ABAPER he might understand well.

The process and solution suggested by me and pitabash, both are complex and need to develop and test very intellgently. Still I would suggest you to convince your client to change their FOC scheme and make it as simple as they can. This is SAP. When we implement ERP in some company then we need to tell client that if you want system to work smoothly then you have to chnage some of your business processes as per system. This is not good to change system as per business proceses.

Thank$

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can enter Free Goods ( 1 Free Good Item ) manually when you are processing Sales Order with Final Items .

Thanks,

Naren