SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong commitment item getting derived

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing a problem with wrong commitment item getting derived.

Example:

We have derivation rule where in if for cost center A the commitment item is SALARY the rule has to overwrite the commitment item with a Statistical commitment item. When I see the FI DOcs> Funds management document I can see that the commitment item is overwritten, but In the GR document under account assignment tab the commitment item is still shown as SALARY.

This is causing problems at the time of MIRO as the system is checking budget for SALARY while there should not be budget check as the commitment item should be overwritten with a statistical commitment item.

Please help me with. This is becoming a headache

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

During MIGO commitment item or either FM object cannot be overwritten: it has to be the same as in the purchase order in order to have consistency in FM chain.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be I did not explain it properly.

I have a derivation rule which will overwrite the commitment item(overwrite with new value) derived for the GL account. The commitment item to be overwritten is a statistical commitment item which will not consume budget. The problem here for me is that the commitment item is not getting overwritten with the new commitment item (statistical commitment item). Hence at the time of MIRO is giving me budget exceeded error.

When I check the FM document for the GR there I can see it is properly overwritten, but when I see the account assignment tab of MIGO document there the commitment item is not overwritten, I mean it is displaying the one from the GL account. Because of this the system is checking for budget at the time of MIRO.

Seems to be some kind of bug !

Please help me.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, it seems quite clear. Three things, though:

a) if you don't want your budget to be checked on G/R or I/R event, you can control it via OFUP transaction.

b) on one of these events (G/R, I/R) the budget has to be checked; otherwise, your commitment/actual chain will be broken.

c) FM address for G/R and I/R should be adapted from the logistic document (PO) assignment.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Satan,

Please maintain Sequence of Derivation rule in order to overwrite with new value.

Make sure that the D.Rule C item which is to be overwrite, should be next to D.rule C Item existing.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check the derivation strategy where i think fund center and commitment item assign to business transaction type, as PO buss.trans. type is different which is over written as per your derivation strategy and it is same FC in FM document generated during MIGO because system read relevant PO account assignment. As you told in account assignment tab in MIGO  FC is different due to buss. tran. type assign to FC.

Regards,

Rabin