cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Maintenance Order From Portfolio Item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement, wherein I'm creating Item for the Proposal approval for carrying a change. And once it is approved the execution  of the change has to happen through WOM(Work Order Management) by creating a Maintenance Order(Work Order).

As far as I know we have std 2 integrations options for Project handling(execution) from Item, i.e. through cProjects &/or P.S. In this particular scenario I do not see any std. integration option available. But I got to do it somehow. Could anybody pls help me in this regard for building a custom interface or something of that sort to create an Order from Item & link them both....

Rgrds,

santhosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes there is no standard integration scenario.

one work around, may be you create the project in PS from portfolio item and assign the maintenance order with project network.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Thanks. I had thought of this scenario. But the problem is, client is not willing for this procedure due to their maintenance issue.

I am now left with the enhancement only, could you give me inputs on the workaround that we got to do for this.?!

Rgrds,

santhosh

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Santhosh,

You can create from an item a cProject and from cproject and internal order ( this is standard) This internal order is by standard created with order type : CPR1 ( that has order category 1, internal)

You can change the order type created from cProjects and use other configured for maintenance ( this needed to be developed in a BADI ( ECC system)  : IAOM_BUSINESS_SCENAR  method : CHANGE_ORDER_TYPE

If it works wyou will have an item -> cProject --> Maintenance Order.

I hope this can be useful,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Another work-around that came in my mind is - Why don't you just 'object link' the MO to a cProject without any 'accounting integration'? This way, all proposal approval related process will happen via cProject (where costs are not applicable, I believe) and after the approval, you can create a MO, object link it to the cProject and carry out the work execution via it. The plus of this approach could be zero custom development required.

By the way, above option by Clara looks really interesting and means that a maintenance order (MO) can act as a 'cost collector' for the cProject (instead of the standard options of WBS element or internal order).

Regards,

Bhushan