cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Billing due to error in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum

We have a pricing procedure for Scarp sales( Specific Order Type) wherein the basic price is maintained manually during order creation. By oversight this Pricing condition ZSPR has been maintained twice in the order, even though one of them shows as inactive, the assessable value ( used for calculation of excise is doubled. This leads to error in the excise amount in the billing document. Please advise as to how I could have an error proofing for this type of error.

Regards

Ramanathan

Moderator Remarks: Content number removed. Sharing personal contact on SCN post not allowed. If you wishes to share your personal details. then you can updated your SCN business card.

Message was edited by Moderator

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

abhinay
Explorer
0 Kudos

The removal of from and To in the pricing procedure, as suggested, worked for me and gave me sum of active items only. Thank you.

milind_kandale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the access sequence of the condition records, it seems you have not clicked exclusive indicator in the access. due to this system is giving you a record which is having best price maintained in condition records. check the same.

Thank you,

Milind

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use condition exclusion functionality to meet this requirement.

Define Condition Exclusion group and assign it to condition type ZSRP.

Maintain this group to your pricing procedure by selecting option B - Best condition within the condition Type.

Now raise a sales order and maintain ZSRP twice.Though system shows both only  condition with least value will be active and Assessable value will be calculated only on the smaller value.If you maintain the same value for the two times, then also system will calculate Assessable value on one line item only.

Please check and update.

@ Amitesh - Even if you maintain condition record for JASS, System will take the value of both line items for JASS.Please check.

Phani Prasad

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I checked, and confirm that if we use the condition type 'JASS' or a copy of same, then system will take the total of only active conditions. So if there are one condition type which is wrongly entered twice so only one will be active or if there is two condition type where only one is active, then the JASS will take the value from Active Condition only.

If you are getting different result, then check it again, there may be some enhancement which is stopping this.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I used a 100% copy condition ZFGS that copies value from PR00.(Please check the attached image).

I have not used JASS. Can you please share me the condition type JASS's image so that I can verify as I don't have JASS in my system.

Thanks

Phani Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Phani

I have checked your suggestion of exclusion condition and it works exactly the way you have described and resolves the problem .

I would like to go one step further and create Incompletion log if two prices are entered so that it makes you correct the order and hence correct billing takes place.

Regards

Ramanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani, what if option B is not the right option. not always we should use the lowest or highest value. we should always use the one that is Active (the one entered most recent).

Former Member

i have had the same problem recently, and what i did was remove the From and To in the procedure. in your case, we should remove both 100 and 110 from leave it blank in both From and To column

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanathan,

Instead of using 'Assessable Value' as subtotal, use a Condition Type. In standard SAP Condition Type JASS is available use it, and maintain the master data in VK11 for this condition as 100%, and then test.

It will work for sure.

Also by using the condition type you will be able to save the data in transaction table for any future reporting.

Thanks and regards,

Amitesh Anand

former_member216765
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your Pricing Procedure if the setting for Manual Entry is activated for ZSPR, if not then activate it, and test if the condition type is appearing in the SO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit

Thanks for your reply . We have not activated the Manual Entry check box is not activated in the pricing procedure. I could activate the same and check. Are you suggesting that by doing this I will not get the error in the calculation of the Assessable Value even if the Pricing condition is entered twice?

Regards

Ramanathan

Moderator Remarks: Content number removed. Sharing personal contact on SCN post not allowed. If you wishes to share your personal details. then you can updated your SCN business card.

Message was edited by Moderator

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

What I have suggested please share here to further process on this requirement .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Its very surprising behavior.

However delete the inactive condition type and and try again.

• One more point here from your pricing procedure it seems like you are not storing your asses sable value(Excise base value) any where.Nor a condition type or a subtotal for that,It might be tuff to get the values for any report if you dont save them.

Reg: Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram

Thanks for your reply .We are able to delete the Inactive Condition if  we notice the same before the Billing cycle. But that would not achieve our purpose to prevent the billing if the inactive condition were not to be detected and deleted.

Could you also elaborate on your suggestion to store the assessable value , How could I go about the same.

Regards

Ramanathan

former_member216765
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanathan

I am just suggesting that If your condition type is to be maintained manually then it should be activated in the pricing procedure, as your condition type getting determine automatically so you are getting the condition type twice. If you activate the setting then your condition type will only be allowed to maintain manually, hence there will be only one ZSPR condition type in the SO. can you test this and share the results with us.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shobha,

If the second ZSPR and its value are inactive, the how is excise being computed for it?

Could you please paste the screenshot of the Tab Conditions, in the sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Could you please share your Pricing procedure and that Condition Type screen shots .

Please click on that In activated condition type and click on Analysis tab .See ,how system is treating this Condition Type ? .If possible share this screen shot also .

Note : Its very strange ,it ( Inactivated condition type also ) is calculating .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am unable to see your First screen shot why because its not showing some important Fields as left side Fields if that Condition Type .

Note : Please share that Condition Type details once again and also share that Condition Type analysis of Sales Order .

Thanks,

Naren

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the "To Step number" as 100 instead of 110 for ZSRP in your pricing procedure and then retry the same process.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

I tries your suggestion but the results are still the same the assessable value is getting doubled if I maintain the ZSRP condition twice manually.

Regards

Ramanathan

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If any Condition Type ( more than One condition Type in Sales Order ) having  Field " Condition Class is Prices " then second condition type will be inactivated automatically .This is standard sap .So,you dont need to add same condition type twice in sales order .Just change the price manually of that condition type in Sales Order If It is Manually Condition Type .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naren

Our problem is that it has been maintained twice by oversight. Hence the error in calculating the assessable value even though one of them is not active.

Regards

Ramanathan