cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra S4M errors while printing

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm trying to print a SmartForm to a Zebra S4M printer. System admin configured printer with YZB200 device type, uploaded ABAP PLC files, and the print preview for the for is great.

Problem is, only strange symbols are being sent to the printer, and like 20 labels are being spent with each spool request. My Smartform has only one word. Test.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

s_nnoorie
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joao Sousa,

First let me know if your printing Portrait Format or Landscape.

ZEBRA printers dont support Landscape format. if we want to print inb Landscape the we need

to do some workaround.

and if you are printing in Portrait Format

then in Smartform --> in main window

create a command and in General Attributes give

Attribute Name : S_LZPL_SETUP

Attribute Value  : '^FWR'

and save & activate.

Hope this will solve your problem.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help, but I still have errors. My page layout is:

I'm using this page layout, it seems ok. It's associated with the YZB200 device type with copy from DINA4.

It prints garbage 20 label and as it seems it doesn't depend on the content of the smartforms. One word or hundred words it prints the same.

s_nnoorie
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try to print something from word file etc. and check if the output is correct?

if output is comming fine from windows/  word file then there is problem with printer driver in

SAP system. check with your basis consultant

if possible, downlaod and send me your smartform.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can print from windows, but not from SAP. I tried smartforms and sapscript with multiple devices, and the result is always the same, garbage in the upper left corner, and it prints like 6 characters on each label.

My SAP is installed in a Linux server, maybe that's the problem? I don't think my problem is with the smartforms since it prints the same whatever the input (Smartforms, SAPScript).

The basis consultant says he followed all the step in the Zebra Smartforms Manual.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the problem was with the IT people. The Unix SAP has to communicate with a Windows print server and the printer wasn't configured correctly in the print server.

The IT people said tomorrow they would give feedback. We tried to print a SmartForm via our own computers with something like LOCL (after the driver was installed) and it printed just fine.

Thanks for the feedback.