cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Display is frozen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Professional,

I have encountered an issue in one of the functional user's desktop, every time the user is doing a multiple session the screen display is getting frozed and when I have tried closing the session it won't disappear. I have reinstalled the SAP Application in the user's desktop and still encountering the same error. The SAP GUI that we have currently is SAP GUI 720. Is there any insights or thoughts that you can suggest with to avoid the issue?

Have a nice day!

Thanks,

Arnold

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Arnold,

running the program 'nwcheckworkstation' from the run menu will generate an installation check.

If there are errors,then reinstall the GUI.

If no errors,

1) Install the latest patch (17)

2) If issue persists, download and install 7.30 GUI patch 4 - I recomend this because 7.20 is

not supported anymore since April of this year.

3) If you still have the issue after 7.30 installation, open a message in BC-FES-GUI,and

ask the support engineer for a sapmats link to upload the result of the note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1387962

For support,a reproducable example of the issue would be desirable.

Best Regards,

Jude

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Arnold,

Please update the latest patch of SAP GUI 720 or upgrade the SAP GUI from 720 to 730.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul,

Based on my observation, this particular user has the only one with this issue. I'm just wondering why is she encountering a frozen SAP Screen display in her desktop. we have reinstalled SAP logon and applied the patches after the update for SAP GUI 7.30

Thanks,

Arnold 

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Arnold,

Does the issue occur if another user logs onto that particular workstation,and vise versa?

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jude,

Thanks for your thoughts. I would try to create a dummy user name and make another testing in the particular user PC box. probably, this one is nothing to do with the SAP GUI yet since most everyone in the environment are having a normal SAP display. Your first response is correct. Points rewarded.

Thanks,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the network connection of the client.