Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT error

former_member596160
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am connecting BW to BI4.0 server from IDT. Mention below are the steps we following:

1. We have created 2 RFC (cluster environment) in BW.
  2. Created relational connection in IDT and published to repository successfully.
  3. Made the correct RFC, Gateway host and gateway server entry in Data federation administrative tool.
  4. In IDT when clicking on test connection getting error:

We have 2 different BW database one is for dev server and other is for production. The connection for dev BW is successful in IDT and for that also we followed the same steps.

However not sure why it's giving error for production connection.

Could anyone please help on this?

Regards,

Garima

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This link should help you:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Connectivity+checklist++BI4.0+IDT+via+Data+Federation+Admi...

Read it carefully , this will fix your problem.

Thanks,

Avinash

former_member596160
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I implemented the same steps and connection for dev BW server to BO is successful.

However when connecting prod BW to BO server (same server which is connected to dev BW) getting the above error.

I am not missing any step.

Regards,

Garima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garima,

I think you are missing a step , because the PROD and DEV BW servers are different and it will need different configurations.

There needs to be specific entries for APS of PROD in the DFAT also hosts file services file.

If same BO can conect to DEV This means that there is some configuration issue with PROD BW.

lik eon the BO Server you might have entries in hosts,services file for DEV BW and not for PROD BW, make a complete entry with FQDN.

Use SE37 and SM59 and check everything again , configure it again for PROD using the link. I think it hwould help.

Thanks,

Avinash

former_member596160
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have resolved the issue. All the above steps were correct, however today I have noticed BW is also clustered and if we give one hostname on the host file and while registering the program ID it gives error. So today I gave 2nd hostaname in the Data federator administration tool and make host entry of it.

After making this entry everything works. It's really strange however it's working perfectly fine now.

Thanks so much for all help. Much appriciated.

Regards,

Garima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garima ,

Did you tried doing the RFC test to the PROD server , is that successfull

Check with the Gateway host and port once again of the PROD BW server .

Also , you said you have RFC cluster BW , here do you mean you using message server OR application server

Thanks,

Sneha Bankar

former_member596160
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha,

Yes, We have tried it in production BW and that is the issue.

We using application server and everything works for dev BW to BO server, however issue with these new RFC through which we connectiong BO server.

Regards,

Garima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garima ,

Do you have SAP GUI installed on the BO server box ,

If not try and install it and then configure the RFC , if you are still seeing the error then it is a network problem between BO server and BW server

Also, check the Firewall issue if any

Thanks,

Sneha

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The attached error is "... Connection refused".  It seems to be a firewall port blocking.  I'd suggest you test if the port is open to the production database by using

telnet <JDBC_HOST> <JDBC_PORT>

My guess is that you will also receive the same connection error as you have in IDT.

Hope this helps,

Jin-Chong