cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List UIBB - Multi Field Search Help Value Assignment!

gadde_shrinivas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have editable list UIBB (FPM_LIST_UIBB_ATS), in which I have below two columns:

1. COUNTRY_KEY

2. COUNTRY_DESC

And, I have a Search Help that exports below two parameters

1. KEY

2. TEXT

Now, I would like to mark the list table COUNTRY_KEY as hidden/technical field and only show COUNTRY_DESC column to the user. And if they change the value COUNTRY_DESC using the above Search Help then the corresponding value for COUNTRY_KEY should also get updated.

I tried playing with the GET_DEFINITION methods ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION parameters (*_REF) but with no luck.

Is this possible? If so, then how?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gadde_shrinivas
Explorer
0 Kudos

So, I tried the same thing with a global structure created in SE11 with Search Help attributes mapped and this way it works. Isn't it possible to achieve the same with dynamic type creation within feeder class?

Also, can anyone explain the purpose and how to use below fields of structure FPMGB_S_LISTFIELD_DESCR:

• LINK & LINK_REF
  • READ_ONLY & READ_ONLY_REF
  • MANDATORY & MANDATORY_REF
  • DISABLED & ENABLED_REF
  • VISIBILITY & VISIBILITY_REF
  • TEXT & TEXT_REF

Appreciate your response.. Thanks!

former_member215610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gadde,

FPMGB_S_LISTFIELD_DESCR is used to set the property like adding tool tip, fixed value for dropdown or check box, read only and other properties.

• READ_ONLY - if the value is 'X' then field will be in read only mode.
  • MANDATORY - if the value is 'X'then field will be mandatory.
  • DISABLED - Field will be disable.
  • VISIBILITY - defines '02' to visible.
  • TEXT - Text to be displayed on UI.

Note: To set the above properties you need to pass the field name to NAME.

ex:

ls_cat-name = 'ID'.   "field name

ls_cat-allow_filter = 'X'.

ls_cat-allow_sort = 'X'.

APPEND ls_cat to ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION.

Thanks and Regards,

Ragavendra

snap-mio
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding the multiple export parameters I struggle with the same problem, now 8 year later.

I want to bind the exported values to some guibb Text fields (even when triggering value help for one input field only)

If there is not other way, it may be only possible by buliding own search uibb and list uibb which does the same as the search help, but now you have more control over the exporting strucutur. Of course, it is more work as well