cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UOM conversion in sales return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i want to change the sales unit in sales return but it gives error .

although the uom conversion is maintained in material master additional data.

1 cs = 16 no.

and user want to return the quantity in no while SO-DO-PGI-INVOICE  is in CS.

when i create sales return with ref to invoice and change the sales  unit in no  ( 4 NO)

and click on save it gives error ..

what i should have  to do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per the screen you shared  the quantity is exceeded then system will through a  error

2 Please check in the material master whether do you maintained a order Unit and alternate UOM in purchasing view .

3  Then check in the PO whether the qunatity in No or Cs.

4 Check the stock in MMBE w r to No or Cs .

5  issue the material then check the quantity in No or Cs .

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error msg :::

"Order Item  000010 Qty Exceeds the Ref. Documents Balance Qty  2.000"

Message no. ZMSG004

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

System has clearly said , previous document Quantity is less than present document Quantity .

Please check ,what is the Quantity in previous document .You can not create Reruns document for more quantity when you are taking any reference document .

Note : You can create Returns doc with less quantity or equal quantity when you are referencing any doc  .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveendra

This is customized message and you can only check this with ABAPER. Please ask your ABAPER to check this may be in MV45AFZZ program. ABAPER knows well how to find the by using where use list and he can tell you the logic due to which this error is coming to you.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Narendra,

Thanks for ur reply.

Actually the quantity for so-do-pgi-inv was in CS (suppose 2 CS)

& i want to return the quantity in NO   4 NO (in mm i hv maintained 1 cs = 16 no)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is because you have not caterred unit of measure conversion in this ABAP check. This check has been customized in MV45AFZZ program and there is only check on quantity number, not on unot of measure conversion. Ask your ABAPER to enter logic and unit of measure conversion information from material master additional data. Once UOM conversion is cattered, system will allow to process sale return in different unit of measures.

Thank$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

This is standard process and system allows to change unit of measure in sale return or any other sale order. Can you please share the screen shots of your material master additional data where you have defined conversion rules and also the error. I have checked this and system is allowing me to change UOM.

Thank$

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

May I know ,what is the Error ?

Note : Please share Error with Explanation .

Thanks,

Naren