cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS Migration (HP-UX to AIX) of ECC 6.0 Ehp4 with Oracle (10g) on RAC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Request you to please share your valuable experiences with the concept of "Migration of SAP System with Oracle 10g on RAC from HP-UX to AIX"

My Queries are as below:

1) As the source is already on Oracle 10g RAC how to migrate using SAP tools

- Do I need to make the oracle 10g RAC to Oracle 10g Single Instance Database ? ( If possible can u please provide the steps to do so )

If there is any other alternative please let me know

2) During Target System Installation before importing data, we need to install oracle software

- Do I need to install Oracle Cluster Software before installing Oracle Software ?

- Do I need to install Oracle Software as Single Instance or Oracle RAC software need to be installed

3) As Oracle Cluster Software is already installed, its regarding PowerHA Clustering

- Do I need to take care of even database in PowerHA configuration ?

Please note, before posting this discussion I have already referred White Papers related to Oracle 10g/11g RAC configuration for SAP and also referred the relevant OSS notes

1) Configuration of SAP NetWeaver for Oracle Grid Infrastructure 11.2.0.2 and Oracle Real Application Clusters 11g Release 2

2) Configuration of SAP NetWeaver for Oracle Database 10g Real Application Clusters

3) 527843 - Oracle RAC support in the SAP environment

Thanks & Regards,

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The answers to your questions:

1) As the source is already on Oracle 10g RAC how to migrate using SAP tools

- Do I need to make the oracle 10g RAC to Oracle 10g Single Instance Database ? ( If possible can u please provide the steps to do so )

No, you can export the data from RAC database directly, check that the tnsnames entry is working fine. You can test the R3load process using command R3load -testconnect, if that command works you can export the database.

2) During Target System Installation before importing data, we need to install oracle software

- Do I need to install Oracle Cluster Software before installing Oracle Software ?

Yes, The GRID Software is installed first. The Software media is included in the Oracle software.

- Do I need to install Oracle Software as Single Instance or Oracle RAC software need to be installed

If you are using RAC you need to install the software as RAC, this is stated in the Oracle Whitepappers.

3) As Oracle Cluster Software is already installed, its regarding PowerHA Clustering

- Do I need to take care of even database in PowerHA configuration ?

NO, when using RAC you can add the ASCS, SCS, ERS and Central instance as RAC Resources using sapctl service. With this you can have HA from RAC software and avoid Operating system cluster service. Take care of the NFS service if you have more thar 1 server.

Hope it helps you!

Regards,

Michael Rodrigo

former_member189780
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul

We are looking for the information to move oracle Database from local system to oracle RAC.

We are on Oracle 11.2.0.2 and on AIX platform.

Could you pls share the document if you have to move the database to oracle RAC.

Thanks

Amar