cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Pass an Array to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to do some thing but I do not know if this is possible.

Which method/function do I use to pass an array to SAP?

Is there any method or function available to pass an Array to SAP? Could any one tell me where to find an example which demonstrate how to pass an array to SAP?

Thank you all for your respond.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 633105 - OLE automation: ABAP type for OLE array parameters

Symptom

If the method of an OLE object contains an array parameter, there is no suitable ABAP data type for the parameter.

Reason and Prerequisites

Array is not supported as a data type for OLE parameters in ABAP.

Solution

None

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

Thanks for your respond. Actually what I was talking about was sending an arrey to an RFC. Using the JCO pdf, there isn't any example which show how to pass an array to an RFC structure, parameter or internale table. I'm new to this whole JCO and Java Stuff. Could you show me or relate me to or send me an example that does send an arrey to one of the RFC structure or a table? EMAIL: rudy-e@gmx.net. I would really much appreciate it. Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

The PDF document talks about it starting page 21.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/sap java connector - jco - client programming

Message was edited by: Prakash Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudolph,

You don't pass array directly to SAP. JAVA talks to an RFC function module (written in ABAP). The function module(RFC) have parameters, structures and internal tables. The java via JCO Api can pass the array to either parameter, structures or internal table.

Use the following tutorial.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/javadocs/pre nw04 sp2/sap java connector/jco tutorial.pdf

Message was edited by: Prakash Singh