cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UID ERROR during SAPINST Master Password

Former Member
0 Kudos

I keep getting the following SAPINST error:

The message server of instance SCS01 on host "HOST" runs with UID (Number 1), but UID of user sidadm on this host is (Number 2).<br>SOLUTION: Change the UID of user sidadm on this host to Number 1.

I've checked the UID in the /etc/passwd file on both the central instance CI host and the DB host and I've chnaged them to both NUMBER 1, stopped and restarted..but I still keep getting this error.

Any other place to change and make the UID the same?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone..I thank you'll for your support with trying to resolve this issue.

I have solved the problem 🙂

SAPINST was complaining about UID 90804, but that UID was nowhere in the key files such as /etc/passwd.

Therefore, I decided to check if any processes at the OS level were running and it turns out the UID 90804 had several of them running which is why SAPINST kept reading from the UID.

I killed the processes with that UID and restarted SAPINST and everything started working again.

Thanks again!

Jay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Normally SAPINST creates the UID for sidadm and orasid users during the execution of SAPINST process. As you are currently into parameter input phase, I feel UID of root user or the user used for installation needs to be synchronized.

I am assuming you have not created the users earlier.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have created the users orasid and sidadm prior and gave both their unique UID and GID on the central instance and the db instance. I use root as the user for executing SAPINST. The UID is consistent with the user sidadm and and owner of the directories are sidadm:sapsys. I'll keep checking..not sure what else to change if the UID is set to the right number or number it is asking for in the error.

Still need help...I'll keep checking..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right..they are not syncing per error:

The message server of instance SCS01 on host SAPSIDCII runs with UID 90804, but UID of user siadm on this host is 90808.<br>SOLUTION: Change the UID of user sidadm on this host to 90804.

The two hosts

SCS01 and the primary app instance ERS12

Im currently installing the primary ERS12 instance...

How do I sync it because even if I change it to what the error is saying to switch it to...when I change it, it will say the opposite...It does appear to be out of sync someshow and I don't know what to do...please assist..thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

James,

After you make the changes to the UID's do you close and re-opend SAPINST ?

I have had an error before where i had to restart my SAPINST after making changes at OS Level, this might also be an option ?

Best Regards

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Change the ownership of all the relevant files accordingly.

This will also help you.

http://www.dataxstream.com/2009/08/changeuidsidadm/

http://scn.sap.com/thread/522374

Kind Regards,

Johan

Message was edited by: Johan Van Zyl