cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic creation of objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Whether object name can be changed dynamically or not?

If so, please leave a reply for below scenario

I have objects named (a, b, c …) in my Universe, Based on the condition it has to be renamed as (x, y, z….)

Eagerly waiting for your reply

thanks in advance

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun

Would love to know the business scenario behind the rename requirement.

However if you want to do renaming at universe level why can't we define the object definition for a,b &c in such a way that if the condition passes refers a,b,c and if not refers x,y,z.

If it is at report level you need to do tweaking at object title as well as in object logic

Regards

Mani

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Are you saying that your DB structure for a table is changing and you would like the universe object to dynamically pick up the new name from the table?

Cheers

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mohan,

Exactly i am looking for that only in addition need to create the objects in the universe dynamically.

share your thoughts on this

regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there is no direct way of reflecting the change of the table structure into the universe. But you may be able to achieve this by creating a database or derived table on top of the table to make this possible. Only constraint here would be that the underlying table name and column order must not change but the column names can change. So your view definition may look like

Create view vw_dynamic

(col1,col2,......)

As select * from table

Please note that I used "select *" to avoid the issue of changing column names.

Cheers

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI mani and joshi,

Thanks for your reply,

Actually my  business  requirement is

Now I have a column named as below

Abc

Xyz

Now, based on this I have  created the objects  say (Abc,Xyz)

Due to the update in Stored Procedure the same column name gets Updated  as Below

Sample

Scenario

Now, I need to get the updated  objects name like (Sample, Scenario)

The difficult part as per our concern is it should done in the universe level not in the report level.

Basically this is adhoc report .

I hope now I am clear.

Eagerly Waiting for your thoughts

Regards,

Arun.

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

Dynamic report header can be achievable only at report level only if it is a enterprise report (state report) not for a Adhoc report.

If you still want to achieve this at universe level, you need to flatten the rows based on the required criteria to columns and create a object for each column.

Regards

Mani

harshil_joshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

It is difficult to achieve but you can try by Alias Table. In Alias Table give column name as 

Sample

Scenario

Hope it works.

Thanks & Regards.

harshil_joshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

It is very different requirement that you want to change object name as per condition.

I would suggest following steps:

consider and example that I have an object named Obj_A.

As per your requirement consider some condition that if A=B then Obj_A otherwise name of Obj_A should be changed.

for that make a copy of Obj_A and rename it Obj_B.

Now make a change in condition

if A=B then Obj_A else Obj_B

thanks & regards.