cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I fix Tax Condition to a Flat Amount

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,  I have a requirement where our client want us to restrict a condition type - Tax to a fixed flat value after certain limit.  Example:  From 0 to 200000 - its should calculate 1% From 200001 to above - its should calculate a fix value of 2000  Please suggest me.  Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you need to chose a single calculation type for a single condition type. like

from 0 to 200000  :- 1 %

From 200001 to ... 5 % not a fixed value

because a condition type will work single calculation type like  %, fixed value,  Qty etc.

if you need two types or calculation type then you have to define two condition type.  like below.

1:- with condition type with calculation type percentage and  scale basic (TO scale ) where you can maintain  to 200000  value is 1%

2:- with this condition type will have calculation type "fixed amount" and Scale basis ( value scale )  and Scale type A: Base-scale.

Hope it will help your.

Regards

Pitabash

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Assuming that the requirement is for each line item in sales order and not total quantity in sales order  - You will have to create 2 condition types. 1 would have calculation type as quantity based and the other one as fixed value.

The one with calculation type quantity should have scale type as 'D' - graduate to interval scale and scale basis as 'C'. The other one should have scale type 'A' - Base scale and scale basis as 'B'.

You can also use condition supplement for maintaining records for both the condition types together. This will help mainataing the record with the same set of pre conditions. In such case you need not assign access sequence in the newly created condition type.

In case the design is required for total sales order quantity then you will have to activate group condition in your condition types.

Regards

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yes, you can do it, As Tax value also come from condition record, you can use scales to maintain fixed % of tax for a particular amount or %.

This is a common practise in few industries.

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,  Thanks for the reply...  But my requirement is - from 0-200000 system should calculate 1%, once the the value cross 2000000 and above then system should calculate a fix vale of 2000.  Please let me know if we can address this in standard system.  Thanks

Rajuyr
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you check in the condition type, if the 'Scale Type' D (Graduated -to interval scale) helps in your case?

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raju,  I tried with interval scale but its not working as I want the condition type to give a fix flat rate of 2000 one its cross value of 200000, from 0-200000 its working fine with scales, but my requirement to to get a flat amount of 2000 once its above 200000.  Please advice me if their is a way...  Thanks