Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different currency billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please guide.

User has created sales order with currency GBP on 15.05.2013 with 5 decimal notation. Delivery and pre-shipment document has been created and submitted to customs.

Now Currency GBP has changed to 2 decimal as a result the order value as well as Pre - Shipment out put value changed in crores(this issue is only with single invoice)

We canceled the commercial invoice and trying to redetermine the pricing with currency GBPN but system is taking GBP in document currency and hence condition value is mismatch as compare to Pre shipment document.

Please note: Currency GBPN is created on 20.05.2013 and user is not ready to reverse the cycle as he has submitted the document to customs.

Please let me know any other way.

Regards,

Geeta Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Apologizes for late reply, actually i was out of town and there was no internet connection.

The issue is resolved.

Resolution : Pricing date is changes to the date when GBPN was created ( As user was not ready to reverse the cycle ) and then Re - Determine the pricing condition to get the correct value.

Then Tried to create Invoice by Re- Determining the pricing and system allowed for the same with correct entry.

Thanks for your quick reply..

Regards,

Geeta Singh

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Resolution : Pricing date is changes to the date when GBPN was created ( As user was not ready to reverse the cycle ) and then Re - Determine the pricing condition to get the correct value.

You have said in one thread as " We don't maintain condition record for material based basic price, it is manual condition " to Lakshmipathi . Now,my query is If it is Manual condition record then no need to think about Pricing Date right .

Please share more inputs on this .

Thanks,

Dead Man

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pricing date is changes in sales order .. which allows to re-determine .

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the condition record valid from 15-05 for that material to "Per thousand" and create a new billing document.  If I am correct, still you would see some wrong value in condition tab.  Just click "Update" button and check whether the decimals in "Condition Value" (KWERT) exactly matches to the customs document.  I think, this should solve your issue.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi G,

We don't maintain condition record for material based basic price, it is manual condition.

Regards,

Geeta Singh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

geeta,

The currency in the billing document would be same as that in the sales order.

If user is not ready to reverse the cycle, then I think having the currency in the billing document as GBPN would not be possible!

Additional comment: The currency from the customer master record flows to the sales order and then the it flows from the sales order to the billing document.

If the customer master has a different currency than that in the sales order (due to user changing the currency in the sales order manually), then the currency in the billing document is same as that in the sales order (and different from that in the CMR).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi TW,

is there any other way arround.?

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the Original Sales Order showing the correct values still ? If yes, just try to create the Invoice with a Billing Date as 15.05.2013. It should copy the right values from the Sales Order;

If the Original Sales Order is showing the values based on from 20.05.2013 change the Pricing Date in the Sales Order to 15.05.2013 and reprice the Sales Order with Pricing Type - C[In order not to mess with any manual prices if they are present]. This should bring the Price to the same Original Value. Save the document.

Now create the Invoice as of Billing Date 15.05.2013. This should bring the correct original price.

If any of the above are not happening, there might be some other issues.

Thanks. 

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP,

Is the issue about value or the currency (in the billing document)?

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi T W,

Good question !

My calculated guess is that, I believe it is the same currency where Geeta is saying GBP for the Old with 5 decimal places and GBPN for the new way they are having this currency with decimal places as 2. 

Unless I am mistaken looks like they have rounded the decimal points from 5 to 2 now. This might not be directly related to what currency is being used[IN THIS CASE IT IS GBP] in the sales document but the number of decimal places it is carrying.

It is the same currency with rounding being changed. This could be a code thing where they did it.

Anyways, coming to Company Code or Document Currency, as explained by Narendra, the Customer Master currency if maintained will populate as a priority in the Sales Order.  compared to Company Code Currency which will populate if there is no currency maintained in the customer master. Both of these defaults can be changed in the Sales Order.

Reporting and Financial Postings should take place in the Company Code currency. Normally these are same only.

Geeta has to finally explain if the currency rounding is what she is talking about.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, now it has changed.

decimal point is shifted three decimal right (multiply by 1000 ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP,

You are right but is it another way out ... GBP is of 2 decimal places which were used by all location.

But for one particular Sales Area business required 5 decimal Placed instead of 2 as it cause some loss to business.

Now new customized currency GBPN has been created on 15.05.2013 where as invoice were done on 10.05.2013 with GBP currency.

User wants this invoice in GBPN currency( He don't want to reverse the cycle) but ready to cancel the invoice.

Resolution : In sales order change the pricing date as 15..05.2013 and Re-Determine the price with GBPN currency.

Do the same in invoice VF01.

Issue is resolved.

Regards,

Geeta Singh

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geeta,

From what you described, the solution worked for the particular document but you want to have this feature of having 5 decimal places for a particular Sales Area.

Assuming this as correct, you could probably do the following:

Option # 1:

---------------

Have an ABAP Resource create a routine and attach this to the Base Price Condition Type with clear specification to have the particular Sales Area only as currency having 5 decimal places.

Not my favorite one ! 

Option # 2:

--------------

Have the Customer Currency to be set as GBP - One with 5 decimal places for all customer masters belonging to only that particular Sales Area. You could even try to restrict this currency to a particular customer only. This can be done in the Sales Area > Sales Tab where you assign the currency. This will get defaulted in the order.

There could be other ways too but this should suffice for now.

Tell me if you have any other questions.

Have a good one. 

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You need to know ,How and from where currency  is flowing into Sales Order .

1. Company Code Currency ( Second preference )

2. Customer Master ( Sold To party first preference ,It will be reflected into Sales Order ,in So you can change currency manually also ).

3. Sales Organization Currency ( it is for statistics only,no effect on any where ) .

Now ,If you want GBP to GBPN then you need to change in SO manually to get into Billing .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

Could you please explain what you mean by -

1. Company Code Currency ( Second preference )

FYI: Sold To party customers created from account group 0001, have field Currency as mandatory.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You are talking about Standard Account Groups .In Standard AC ,The currency is Mandatory. If you customize Ac then If it is not mandatory then If you created Customer without Currency then what will happen when you are going to create a Sales Order with that Customer  then the Company Code Currency shall come into Sales Order Level.

If you maintain Currency in Customer then no problem If not then system by default will take CO Currency into Sales Order .

Note : No need to stress 0001 AC having Currency Mandatory  .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for the reply.

as i mentioned in issue description

order is created on 15.05.2013 with GBP currency where as new currency GBPN is created on 20.05.2013.

i think if i will change currency in sales order system will not allow.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

1.Have you defined Currency GBPN in OY03 ?

2. Have you maintained decimal places for currency code GBPN ?

Note : Go Sales Order and click on Header Icon and you can see Currency Field in Sales Tab .Here ,just try change GBP to GBPN .If you get any problem then please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We canceled the commercial invoice and trying to redetermine the pricing with currency GBPN

What does this mean? Where did you change the currency? Did you change the currency in the sales order? Can you change the currency in the customer master also and try?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva,

The invoice was created with currency GBP with 2 decimal notation where as we need the invoice in 4 decimal notation.

Hence i cancelled the invoice and re-determine  the pricing with currency GBPN but still in condition value  ( document currency) system was converting in currency GBP only.

Regards,

Geeta Singh

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue is only with the Invoice layout?

if so, you can ask your developer to correct the decimal places and re-trigger the output which will give your correct value as per the Sales document

regards,

santosh