cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server exception: Address already in use

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are currently seeing issues when running jobs during the night. Sometimes the jobs receives an error (in different job passes and different jobs):

<mx:ERROR seq="1">

<mx:TEXT>JDBCHandler constructor failed connecting to DB jdbc:sqlserver://pfosap233c:1433;databasename=mxmc_db;user=mxmc_rt;password=************</mx:TEXT>

<mx:TEXT>com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host  has failed. java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect</mx:TEXT>

<mx:ENTRY/>

I suspect this has something to do with too many concurrent connections to the SQL db. Has anyone else seen this issue? And how did you overcome it?

One job might fail one night, and run without errors the following night. Somehow it must be related to connections not being closed or a maximum of allowed connections to the db.

Hope someone can guide me in the right direction

We are running IdM 7.1 SP6

Kind regards,

Heidi Kronvold

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heidi,

Did you find a solution for this ? What's the JDBC driver version ?

Cheers

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

I did not find a solution. The JDBC driver version is 1.2

We are using sql server 2005.

Kind regards

Heidi Kronvold

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem could be anywhere. I am guessing it could be because of the driver version. JDBC 4 is the latest version which you could use with SQL 2005. Could you please check with SAP if they have this as this as a known issue.

Cheers,

Murali