Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHD0 Transaction variant of XD01, change default value

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am facing a problem with SHD0. We have a transction variant ZXD01 it contains a screen variant ZCC_CORR with a field with a default value, which needs to be changed. When I try to change the field I only can unmark or mark the column W. content (means default value), but I can't change the value itself, the contents, it is grey. How can I change the contents of that field only?

I did have a look on the internet, but everything seems to be concentrated on creating, but that isn't the goal unless there is no other possibility.

Regards Kees

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That particular field might be supressed in the configuration field settings.

First change that in configuration for XD01. once done then try to create a transaction variant ZXD01 and try the field will be open and will not be greyed out.

Hope it helps, let me know if you face issues.

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thnx

I checked, just by creating the customer with XD01 the default value was proposed and open for changes, so it is not suppressed.

I need to know how can I change the contents of that field with SHD0. I have a strong feeling that changing default values aren't possible without creating a new transaction variant or overwriting the existing one.

Regards kees

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

I think you are talking that you have a field and you want to put some value as default value and during create customer you want users to be able to change its content. Now for example you have field shipping condition and while create variant in SHD0 you have entered 01 in this field. Now in SHD0 you can see 01 and you just need to tick with content column here. Now in XD01 this field will come with 01 and user will be able to change it. Now if this is not the case then please tell me which field you are talking about and share your process steps that what you have done step by step.

Thank$

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

Not quite my problem.

I will explain based on your example, since my problem seems not to be related to a certain field, in my case it is the dunning procedure. Suppose in your case the default shipping condition is now 01 and you have created the transaction / screen variant X, but you need to change it to 05 and I don't want to create the transaction / screen variant again, how can I change the contents of that field from 01 to 05 in the variant X itself?

Regards Kees

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Now you just have to go in SHD0. Give your variant name and click on Change with process and here you can change the existing variant by running it with process.

Thank$

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ther,

Thnx again.

I tried that, but although I selected the specific screen variant and I select Change with process, then I have to enter the transaction code which is XD01. After that it starts with the initial screen of XD01 and you have to enter mandatory data first in all TAB's before you can get to the propriate screen. because I don't know how the existing transaction variant is created I don't want to re-create all screens variants again. How can I avoid that?

I also tried to just change the screen variant itself, but only marking and de-marking of the field options were possible. The default value could not be changed.

Regards Kees

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you do this with Change with process button then this is not a new screen variant. You will change the exisiting one and what you need to do is just enter initial data, then general data and then your desired screen's data. While changing, change the defualt value and save and exit this. I am sure with this process there will be no new screen variant but changes will be done only in exisiting one.

When this schreen variant was created initialy, at that time user had entered data in XD01 intial screen and general data because without this you can't go further in XD01.

Thank$

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I first made a copy of the transction variant so I can play with it.

I did change with processing and tried to get as quickly as possible to the right screen. In my case is that 1 Initial screen, 2 General data : address screen, then 3 Company code data and then 4 the TAB correspondence and change the field which needed to be changed..

Initially I did have 7 screen variants all with some default data. That is the reason why I don't want to create the transaction variant again.

When processing, some screen variants weren't created I needed to enter a name. At the end it asked for whether I would like to include existing screen variants and I answered Yes.

I ended with the existing 7 screen variants (the default was changed indeed) and 13 new ones.

I think I can delete the new ones, but Is this the way to change just one field contents? Or did I do something wrong?

Regards kees

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

This is the way to change any field content i variants. What you need to make sure is that all your fields are there and with correct values and behavior (Output only, Suppress etc). What you are doing is correct and you just active this variant and verify with your QAS or PRD XD01 screens and fields. IF everything is ok then dont bother about 6 screens or 7 screens. You got what was your requirement? Then its ok and transport this in QAS and after that in PRD.

Note: Please test carefully and make sure that all fields are with correct value and behavior before transporting.

Thank$

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi thanks very much

I agree and it is working, though a very strange way to have one field changed, this is not the way it should be, not a good development of SAP.

I tell you what I did based on your information and my experience, so other people of this site might be helped as well.

1. I selected the transaction variant and I wrote down all screen variants avialable in this variant.
  2. I presed "change and process". Old and new screen variants were triggered. I accepted the old ones of step 1 and named new ones like <transaction variant name>_<screen>_new. In this way I can always remember the new ones and delete them later. That isn't realy necessary.
  3. I change the default contents of the desired field. After the config screen of this screen was triggered I pressed Save and Exit. If you do it just after changing the contents then the screen will not be saved. Say Yes when the system asked to copy further existing screen variants. You have to press enter several times, because I think all seperate variants are stored step by step. Not nice and confusing.
  4. I deleted all "_new" screen variants since it wasn't original there. I did the same with transports, delete the screen variant objects "_new". Then I checked whether the transaction variant did have the same screen variants of step 1.
  5. I checked transacton XD01 and all defaults were ok and the one changed was changed indeed.

Regards and thanks you were very helpfull

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, I agreed with you that this should not be like this. You might not get a chance to create a screen variant for sale order yet. I was surprised to see that after creating sale order variant all fields of overview screen were distrubed and I had to suppress all fields mannualy to adjust the screen. SHD0 variants always gamble with us and this is sometime tricky to control screens after activating variant.

This is good that you have shared all steps in detail and these will will be a good turning point for someone searching on google or SCN for this issue

Thank$

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Or on the screen, press ctrl and s (save), it will ask for the variant name, just save it with the same name. It will ask if you want to replace it with the existing one. Click on yes. Hope it helps.

Regards

Purnand

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks and See my replies to messages of MoazzaM

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why aren't you creating a new one? You can create a new one and make it default. Anyway you can change the present variant also. Can you please send us the screenshot? It will me make more clear to guide you with the solution.

Regards

Purnand